RIP Gord Lewis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Gord Lewis

The Teenage Head guitarist was apparently MURDERED by his own son. He was 65.
    Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Jesus, I wonder what the circumstances of that were?
    I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

Ian and I were talking about this yesterday, and it's heartbreaking. Lewis has had a crazy enough life without having it end like this. I'd seen him play probably a dozen or so times over the last 10-12 years (always at This Ain't Hollywood, Lou Molinaro's now-defunct excellent club in Hamilton) and we had mutual friends; he was always a nice enough guy, if not a little withdrawn him. Seeing that his "body was found in a Caroline Street apartment in Hamilton", it reminded me of a good friend's father whose life also fell to pieces and he died living in a tiny shit apartment on Caroline Street.

RIP, Gordie. Hope you've got some peace, now.

Comment

I was literally a Teenage Head fan at the age of 9 as the local rock station would play their stuff all the time growing up. Got to see Gord plays a few times over the years and met him once. Seemed like a pretty nice guy to me, and he was killer on the guitar. What a fucked up way to go. RIP.
        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I read a great article in the Spectator that went though the son's mental issues, but also emphasized that the father/son relationship was very close and very helpful to both of them as they were both suffering from mental problems. It's a sad story for sure.

Comment

Working...
          X