Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A lost HM classic gets a reissue this month!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Andrew Monroe View Post
    Time to rectify that, Jack, haha.
    Oh absolutely!
    2019: The only blog to survive the nuclear holocaust

Comment

I got the latest Hells Headbangers email update and they say the cd/dvd set for this is delayed until sometime in January. BUT, they have issued this on LP and cassette in addition to cd and the (colored) vinyl comes with a huge 24" x 36" poster of the album cover, haha. They are really going Witch Cross crazy at HH, they also have t-shirts (long and short sleeved) and hoodies as well.
      I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Comment

Cassette? ha. Going after heavy metal hipsters maybe?
        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Yeah, cassettes are "in" again, ha. I know that a lot of Special Edition versions of heavy metal releases have a cassette as part of the package. Hells Headbangers has quite a few such releases. I still have my vintage Witch Cross tape, wonder what that's worth, heh.

Comment

A few punk bands have been issuing stuff on cassette too.

I don't even own a cassette player anymore.
            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

This band is killer and Hells Headbangers always does an excellent job with releases...

Comment

And regarding the cassette thing...it is a hipster thing as well as kids trying to capture something they missed, much like the whole VHS revival. I really hope audio cassettes go nowhere...

We got offered to do a cassette split and I said no...

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
                  I have never heard of them but I think I need to own that just based on the FUCKING AWESOME COVER ART.
                  That cover art looks like it belongs on the side of a van from the 70's.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Monroe View Post
                    Yeah, cassettes are "in" again, ha. I know that a lot of Special Edition versions of heavy metal releases have a cassette as part of the package. Hells Headbangers has quite a few such releases. I still have my vintage Witch Cross tape, wonder what that's worth, heh.
                    Does this mean vinyl is not cool now? :)

Comment

I think vinyl will always be cool, albeit a small segment. While I'm not personally interested in a cassette as part of a bells'n'whistles release, if it helps these small labels sell some and make a profit so they can continue to release stuff I'm all for it. I just hope we never see an 8-track tape as part of a fancy package, haha. No better buzzkill than the track switching in the middle of Mercyful Fate's Satan's Fall or something. I still have some old cassettes - some things that still haven't been released on cd - but I don't have a tape deck to play them on anymore.

Comment

All my old cassettes got converted to CD-R or mp3 long ago. So I've still got the content, just on a different format.

I don't begrudge the small labels for needing to turn a profit and if cassettes help them do that, more power to them.
                        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

The only thing they were good for were walkmans and portability...but they got eaten or just wore out way too quick...Grant it, as a band in that era, it was more feasible to do demos on cassette and trade/shop them. Then CD became the standard and at the time was more costly to do for an underground band.

But now, people just record stuff on a computer and send the files for trade or download. So, to me, the cassette is just another nostalgia thing...

Originally posted by Zane C. View Post
                          Does this mean vinyl is not cool now? :)
                          A little too cool based on the prices...stuff I used to find in the dollar bin are off the boards expensive on ebay now...I still go to record shows and find a lot of stuff pretty cheap, but prices have for sure gone up...

Comment

A lost HM classic gets a reissue this month!

So the satanic brotherhood over at Hell's Headbangers didn't bother to tell me but the lovable Germans over at High Roller Records did:

ze WITCH CROSS box is out!

Just ordered mine and will give an update after plundering the CDs and DVD.

Comment

Hmm, thanks for the info. I get email updates from HH all the time and the one I got the other day made no mention of this, said still "in production". I'm still undecided about this...better make up my mind soon as I suspect this will go lickety split.

Comment

Working...
                              X