Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Raven - Rock Until You Drop 4 CD Over The Top Edition Coming Soon!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raven - Rock Until You Drop 4 CD Over The Top Edition Coming Soon!

Coming 5/27/22!

https://www.cherryred.co.uk/product/...e-top-edition/

Click image for larger version

Name:	raven___rock_until_y_d0gjZ.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	92.2 KB
ID:	389001

• Expanded 4CD edition of Raven’s debut album ‘Rock Until You Drop’
    • With demo’s, single B-sides, and two incendiary live recordings
    • For fans of Diamond Head, Iron Maiden, Metallica

“Rock Until You Drop’ is the best LP to emerge out of the NWOBHM since Saxon’s ‘Wheels Of Steel’.” Geoff Barton, Sounds, 19 September 1981

Although Raven were very much part of the NWOBHM of the late ’70s and early ’80s, brothers Mark and John Gallagher had formulated the idea of creating their own rock group way back in 1972. With John on bass and vocals and Mark on lead guitar, they played their first gig in 1975, building up a loyal following across the North East of England. Recording a rudimentary demo in 1978, included here on CD2. Signed to Neat Records, they recorded further demos, by which time they had trimmed down to a power-trio when the Gallaghers were joined by Rob “Wacko” Hunter on drums. Neat would release their debut 45 ‘Don’t Need Your Money’ in 1980 and make Raven the lead act with ‘Inquisitor’ on the cassette compilation, ‘Lead Weight’.

Raven released their debut LP ‘Rock Until You Drop’ in 1981 successfully capturing the energy of their live shows, the album picked up instant champions across the influential UK rock press, with key features in Kerrang! and Sounds. These would lead to important shows with Ozzy Osbourne, Whitesnake and Motörhead, among many others. These self-styled “athletic rockers” were a huge influence on future Thrash and Speed Metal bands, such as Slayer, Megadeth, Testament and Metallica.

Their live sound was captured illicitly by a fan on tape while on tour in Italy in December 1982, and is featured here in its entirety, the collection completed by their May 1982 performance at Manchester’s Apollo.

As well as an extensive essay from NWOBHM expert John Tucker, this “4CD Over The Top Edition” of ‘Rock Until You Drop’ also features a 24 page booklet featuring many rare and unpublished photos supplied from the band’s own archive.

While Every Effort Has Been Made To Ensure Optimum Sound Quality, Due To The Limitations Of The Audio Sources On Some Of These Recordings, They Have Been Included For Their Historical Importance And Do Not Represent The Fidelity Of The Professional Studio Recordings.

Track Listing:

DISC ONE:

ROCK UNTIL YOU DROP (1981)
    1 Hard Ride
    2 Hell Patrol
    3 Don’t Need Your Money
    4 Over The Top
    5 39/40
    6 For The Future
    7 Rock Until You Drop
    8 Nobody’s Hero
    9 Hellraiser/Action
    10 Lambs To The Slaughter
    11 Tyrant Of The Airways BONUS TRACKS
    12 Wiped Out (Don’t Need Your Money B- Side)
    13 Crazy World (Hard Ride B-Side)
    14 Let It Rip (from Brute Force)
    15 Inquisitor (from Lead Weight)

DISC TWO:

NEAT RECORDS LIVE TO 2-TRACK DEMO (1980)
    1 Don’t Need Your Money
    2 Let It Rip
    3 Wiped Out
    4-TRACK DEMO SESSION (1978)
    4 Inquisitor
    5 Come Up And See Me
    6 Cry Wolf
    7 Hitting The Road
    8 On The Hunt
    9 Going Home
    10 Turn It Down
    11 Hit And Run

DISC THREE:

SASSO MARCONI BOLOGNA (2ND DECEMBER 1982) pt1
    1 Faster Than The Speed Of Light
    2 Hard Ride
    3 Hell Patrol
    4 Read All About It
    5 Tyrant Of The Airways 6 Drum Solo
    7 Crazy World
    8 Firepower
    9 Hold Back The Fire
    10 Rock Until You Drop
    11 Hellraiser/Action
    12 Crash Bang Wallop
    13 Guitar Solo
    14 Wiped Out
    15 For The Future

DISC FOUR:

SASSO MARCONI BOLOGNA (2ND DECEMBER 1982) pt2
    1 Don’t Need Your Money
    2 Bass Solo
    3 Chainsaw
    MANCHESTER APOLLO, UK (21ST MAY 1982)
    4 Hard Ride
    5 Hell Patrol
    6 Rock Until You Drop
    7 Tyrant Of The Airways
    8 Bring The Hammer Down
    9 For The Future
    10 Don’t Need Your Money
    11 Radio Metro interview with Alan Robson
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Oh my, i haven't thought of Raven in a coupl'a decades. I don't even think i've even had any of their albums that weren't on cassette. But i might need to check this out.

Comment

I saw them open for Accept a few years ago, I think I was the youngest person in the audience, but they were a total blast and still put on a really good show.
      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Nice, good pairing with Accept too.

Comment

Working...
        X