R.I.P. Meat Loaf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R.I.P. Meat Loaf

He passed away yesterday, no cause of death confirmed yet.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/01/21/a...-lee-aday.html
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Supposedly Covid. Not into his music, but he was a fun screen presence and worked with Argento and Fincher. His name was Robert Paulsen... His name was Robert Paulsen... His name was Robert Paulsen...
    I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

Between Jim Steinman’s passing last year and our losing Meat Loaf yesterday, I am bereft. The world is a sadder, much less bombastic place today without Meat Loaf in our lives. Here’s one of his earliest recordings in Loaf’s honor:

RIP Marvin Lee Aday. Time to go crank up Bat Out Of Hell for the Nth time.

Comment

He's been having health issues for years, I guess it was just a matter of time. RIP.

Comment

I wasn't a fan of his music, but I did appreciate his bombastic style. He was a pretty good actor as well. RIP.
          I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Comment

I have "Bat Out of Hell' on cassette tape. I must've played it dozens of times. R.I.P.

Comment

I loved him because Rocky Horror was a huge part of my teen years. I saw him live in... 94ish? During the Bat Out of Hell 2 tour. He was amazing live. His music can make me rock out like no other. Seemed like a decent enough guy too.
              Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Comment

Unvaxxed apparently. There's a 'but I won't do that' gag in there somewhere... never exactly a Meatloaf fan myself but my parents would play him on loop when I was growing and so the songs are tattooed into my brain. Sorry to see him go. Locally the news has been the source of some merriment. A few years back Meatloaf did a set here for the Aussie Rules grand Final that's gone down in Australian legend as the single worst performance ever enacted by a sentient human. The source of a million memes that have now found new life.
                "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Comment

Originally posted by Dom D View Post
                  Unvaxxed apparently. There's a 'but I won't do that' gag in there somewhere...
                  Maybe he just forgot his booster? Two out of three ain't bad...
                  I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

Originally posted by agent999 View Post
                    Maybe he just forgot his booster? Two out of three ain't bad...
                    This is a better joke.
                    Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Comment

Originally posted by Alison Jane View Post

This is a better joke.
                      Eh....

Comment

Working...
                      X