Circle Jerks Documentary My Career As A Jerk Coming To DVD 9/25/2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Circle Jerks Documentary My Career As A Jerk Coming To DVD 9/25/2012

coming from MVD in September, press release below.

Click image for larger version

Name:	MVD5457D.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	36.2 KB
ID:	362811

Circle Jerks "My Career As A Jerk" To Be Released on DVD September 25

I was a participant on a very long musical adventure through all the fun and miserable times and thinking about this I don't know if i'd change any of it!
    - Keith Morris

From the beginning, LA punk band the CIRCLE JERKS were rooted in controversy. Formed by ex members of Black Flag and Red Cross (now Redd Kross) in late 1979, the band came to encapsulate the image, sound and energy of California Hardcore Punk.

Filmmaker David Markey (1991: The Year Punk Broke, The Slog Movie) mixes in-depth interviews, rare live footage and historical perspective to illustrate the story of one of the most influential bands in the American underground.

"I was at many of these shows, and let me tell you, there wasn't a tighter band in Los Angeles at the time," said Markey. "Making this film reminded me just how truly great they were."

My Career as a Jerk follows the band from their early days and classic debut to navigating the independent label and touring scene of the 80s to the addictions, fights and injuries that forced their break up.

Of course the story doesn't quite end there...

Features interviews with members Keith Morris, Greg Hetson, Lucky Leher. Earl Liberty, Zander Schloss as well as J. Mascis (Dinosaur Jr), Henry Rollins (Black Flag), Brian Baker (Minor Threat, Bad Religion), and more.

Bonus Materials include: Deleted Scenes and Bonus Interviews
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

I've been following Markey on Facebook and this one has had my attention for awhile....YEAR PUNK BROKE was a well-made film, this one should be great.

Comment

Morris is just a really interesting subject AND he's not afraid to mix it up. The guy doesn't speak softly, he's pretty blunt... and slightly crazy.

This actually has the potential to be awesome.
      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Yeah, Keith wasn't reluctant to rag on his former CJ bandmates when I saw OFF! perform. Stoked for this.

Comment

There's a live album coming out, House Of Blues 2005.

Stream it here if you want.

http://dyingscene.com/news/circle-je...ouse-of-blues/
          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

40th Anniversary Group Sex reissue coming!

https://www.punknews.org/article/734...th-anniversary
            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

They were supposed to play shows this year. Stupid COVID. I guess they'll give it a shot next year.

Comment

If they can stop breaking up again, for sure. I've seen the Circle Jerks 2 or 3 times, now. They're always fantastic.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
                  40th Anniversary Group Sex reissue coming!

https://www.punknews.org/article/734...th-anniversary
                  This is out today, up on Spotify for those who want to find out if the bonus tracks make it worth the double dip.
                  Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
                    This is out today, up on Spotify for those who want to find out if the bonus tracks make it worth the double dip.
                    Resounding NO from me. Hard to improve on perfection, though. The new mix (if there is one) isn't drastically different, but I don't need to listen to shitty quality rehearsals of a band fucking up their songs.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Tolch View Post
                      Hard to improve on perfection, though.
                      Exactly. 16 glorious minutes, why fuck with it?
                      Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

Originally posted by Matt H. View Post
                        Exactly. 16 glorious minutes, why fuck with it?
                        it was the best 2 bucks I ever spent in a used record store.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Tolch View Post
                          Resounding NO from me. Hard to improve on perfection, though. The new mix (if there is one) isn't drastically different, but I don't need to listen to shitty quality rehearsals of a band fucking up their songs.
                          That was kinda my feeling on it too. The demos aren't that exciting. I'm fine with my OG.
                          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Working...
                          X