Cro-Mags' Harley Flanagan Arrested For Stabbing Mike Couls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
    In all seriousness, there could be an insanity plea.
    Not sure there will be any other option on the table for them....

Comment

I'm obvioulsy not a lawyer but a 'settled insanity' plea based on whatever he may or may not have been using could be valid.
      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

This is true, but I am just more baffled that fans do not care about what is right and what is wrong. Harley has always been kind of off kilter, no denying that...lol

Comment

Given that they hadn't, as of this morning, hit 1% of what they were going for, I think it's safe to say that Harley's supporters are few and far between this time around. He may have had a case against what happened with the Cro-Mags, but that doesn't excuse this.
          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

New York Post reports Flanagan's lawyer as saying that Harley was jumped by the other guys and was acting in self-defense. Huh.

Comment

Everyone deserves a fair shot in court and is innocent until proven guilty, BUT that conflicts with pretty much everyone else's take on this.
              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

You would think that all of the people who saw it go down from the balcony would've said something if it had happened in self-defense.

Comment

hardcore always had a bit of a BOGAN element to it!

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Tolch View Post
                    You would think that all of the people who saw it go down from the balcony would've said something if it had happened in self-defense.
                    Are THEY the ones who will turn up to the court hearings though???....

Not sure what the plan will be for his lawyers....best thing will be for him to get help rather than jail time though I reckon

Comment

Interview with Harley here. He says he showed up and got jumped behind closed doors and that he showed up with the best of intentions.

When you show up to a show with the best of intentions though, do you usually show up with a hunting knife?
                      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
                        Interview with Harley here. He says he showed up and got jumped behind closed doors and that he showed up with the best of intentions.

When you show up to a show with the best of intentions though, do you usually show up with a hunting knife?
                        If his best intentions were to hunt, then, yeah. There are lots of elk in NYC.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Casey View Post
                          If his best intentions were to hunt, then, yeah.
                          It's called "harvesting". Sometimes you need to cull the herd.

Comment

Joseph's response to Harvey's interview.
                            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Legally speaking, this guy doesn't have a leg to stand on. Self defense as an affirmative defense can only be used in situations where the person had no chance to flee. To go after someone with a hunting knife shows premeditation. I'm not up on NY General Laws, but he's looking at SEVERAL felony charges here. Plus if he's got prior convictions he's going to be in even deeper shit, as NY is, if I'm remembering correctly, a "three strikes" state.

Comment

It will be interesting to see how this one pans out as it appears (from the evidence so far) that it s a pretty open-and-shut-case....

The addition of the "three strikes rule" (that never crossed my mind to be honest) means there is a lot more at stake....

Wonder why they didnt go the "temporary insanity" route.....

Comment

Working...
                                X