Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Second round of Nick Cave reissues coming...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This Much I Know To Be True is now streaming, worldwide (except China), on Mubi.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Originally posted by Dom D View Post
      Im jealous. Him and Tom Waits are the only two artists on my 'have to see before I die list'. Not having seen Tom Waits is understandable. He came out here once in the seventies, hated it, and is never coming back. But Nick Caves a local boy. Tons of opportunity. Its been freakish but somehow my schedule never syncs with his.
      Cave is playing just next door to me at Hanging Rock (yes the picnicking one) this November. That would be a hell of a spot to go see him and it's just a few minutes down the road. Covid though... Bollocks.
      "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Comment

Originally posted by Dom D View Post

Cave is playing just next door to me at Hanging Rock (yes the picnicking one) this November. That would be a hell of a spot to go see him and it's just a few minutes down the road. Covid though... Bollocks.
        If it's outdoors, wear a mask and keep some distance. Don't lose out on a once-in-a-lifetime experience out of fear and paranoia.

Comment

Originally posted by Darcy Parker View Post

If it's outdoors, wear a mask and keep some distance. Don't lose out on a once-in-a-lifetime experience out of fear and paranoia.
          I like to get amongst it if it's a live show. May as well just crank up the stereo at home if you're standing at the back. Besides as I spend my days caring for a man with one lung who's pnuemonia prone I prefer the term "sensibly cautious" to "fear and paranoia".
          "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Comment

Excerpt: The Day Blixa Bargeld Quit Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds: ‘You Be a F-cking Muppet’

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...ge-1234603366/
            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

The Archbishop Of Canterbury interviews Nick Cave.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m001n8dv
              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Press release!

Nick Cave and Warren Ellis returned to Australia for 16 shows last year, taking their 2021 album ‘Carnage’ on the road, along with songs from the Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds catalogue.

Three performances at the Sydney Opera House on December 16th, 17th and 18th were the climactic shows of an emotional trip, captured for a new live album, ‘Australian Carnage - Live At The Sydney Opera House’.

The album will be released on digital and streaming services this Friday 25th August, with an 8 track vinyl to follow December 1st.

Listen to ‘Balcony Man’ taken from the new album HERE.

“Touring Australia with Warren after so much time away was one of the highlights of recent years.

Every show was moving and unforgettable, from the intimacy of playing in theatres and arts centres, to the vast and uplifting nights at Hanging Rock, through to our final three nights at the inimitable Sydney Opera House.

We are excited to share these recordings, made at the Sydney Opera House, and hope they capture even a tenth of the collective elation we felt at those shows. We'll never forget them.” Nick Cave

Australian Carnage - Nick Cave and Warren Ellis Live at The Sydney Opera House track list:

DIGITAL ALBUM
                Spinning Song
                Bright Horses
                Night Raid
                Carnage
                White Elephant
                Ghosteen
                Lavender Fields
                Waiting For You
                I Need You
                Cosmic Dancer
                Breathless
                Hand Of God
                Shattered Ground
                Galleon Ship
                Leviathan
                Balcony Man
                Hollywood
                Ghosteen Speaks

VINYL ALBUM
                SIDE 1
                Bright Horses
                Carnage
                White Elephant
                Leviathan

SIDE 2
                Ghosteen
                Waiting For You
                Breathless
                Balcony Man

Click image for larger version

Name:	064a0553-eac0-444b-9736-de1089095466.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	508.2 KB
ID:	419121
                Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Still waiting for Grinderman III

Comment

New album, Wild God, out in August, here's the first single.

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Working...
                    X