No announcement yet.

The Danzig Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I watched this on the weekend and was thrilled and disappointed.

Unfortunately the Elvis in the round thing had only 7 or 8 MISFITS songs with Doyle & Co.
    The rest was 4 or 5 songs from a Danzig concert and 2 goofy videos.
    The videos were silly because of his over-the-top growling which looked ridiculous for his age.
    I laughed all the way through the opening video of Mother despite the cool visuals.

I hope this will come out on a BD/CD package.
    Extra footage would be nice too.
    Koukol
    Last edited by Koukol; 05-11-2015, 08:02 PM. Reason: To improve an already brilliant post!

Comment

That's kind of what I'm waiting for.... a physical media release for us old foggies who don't want to stream.
      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Tempting to go see this in Edmonton, because Danzig, while a huge asshole, is also a legend in his own right. I've also been to a ton of shows at that venue and it's easy to get to, but I just don't know if it's worth it. I'm on the fence. Anyone? Bueller, Bueller?

Comment

Originally posted by Zane C. View Post
          Tempting to go see this in Edmonton, because Danzig, while a huge asshole, is also a legend in his own right. I've also been to a ton of shows at that venue and it's easy to get to, but I just don't know if it's worth it. I'm on the fence. Anyone? Bueller, Bueller?
          I'm on the fence too since the tickets are $50.00 and I don't like the other bands.
          I'm trying to find his set-list for this tour as I believe he won't be doing many MISFIT songs this time.
          But on the other hand he IS touring with a Punk band.
          Koukol
          Last edited by Koukol; 05-15-2015, 02:51 PM. Reason: To make an already awesome thread MORE awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by Koukol View Post
            I'm on the fence too since the tickets are $50.00 and I don't like the other bands.
            I'm trying to find his set-list for this tour as I believe he won't be doing many MISFIT songs this time.
            But on the other hand he IS touring with a Punk band this time.
            Yeah, it's a tough call, but I'm leaning towards not going. To me, at the moment, there doesn't seem to be enough value for me to go. I mean, for what I'm paying I don't know if I'm going to appreciate the material he's presenting. Anyone end any reviews of any recent shows? I'm curious. I know it won't be the same show, obviously, but I'm wondering about things like Danzig's voice, set list, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Zane C. View Post
              Yeah, it's a tough call, but I'm leaning towards not going. To me, at the moment, there doesn't seem to be enough value for me to go. I mean, for what I'm paying I don't know if I'm going to appreciate the material he's presenting. Anyone end any reviews of any recent shows? I'm curious. I know it won't be the same show, obviously, but I'm wondering about things like Danzig's voice, set list, etc.
              I haven't found the set-list for this tour yet.
              But I was surprised how good his voice still is with the Streaming Special.
              However, he only did about 7 songs and was about to lose his voice with the last one (THIRTEEN)
              What I don't know is how many takes were done or if other songs were cut

Comment

Danzig touring with Superjoint Ritual on the Blackest Of The Black tour. Veil Of Maya, Prong and Witch Mountain will be opening.

10/03/2015 The Marquee - Tempe, AZ
                10/05/2015 Stubb's Waller Creek Amphitheater - Austin, TX
                10/07/2015 Minglewood Hall - Memphis, TN
                10/09/2015 Civic Theatre - New Orleans, LA
                10/11/2015 Iron City - Birmingham, AL
                10/12/2015 Hard Rock Live - Orlando, FL
                10/14/2015 The Fillmore - Charlotte, NC
                10/16/2015 Electric Factory - Philadelphia, PA
                10/17/2015 Rock And Shock @ The Palladium - Worcester, MA
                10/18/2015 Metropolis - Montreal, QC
                10/20/2015 State Theatre - Portland, ME
                10/21/2015 Best Buy Theater - New York, NY
                10/23/2015 Agora - Cleveland, OH
                10/24/2015 The Rave - Milwaukee, WI
                10/25/2015 Sokol Auditorium - Omaha, NE
                10/27/2015 Boulder Theater - Boulder, CO
                10/29/2015 City National Civic - San Jose, CA
                10/31/2015 Microsoft Theater - Los Angeles, CA
                End Tour
                11/13-15/2015 Housecore Horror Fest @ Aztec Theater - San Antonio, TX
                Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

So the track list for the covers album, to be called Skeletons, is:

1. Devil's Angels (from Devil's Angels soundtrack)
                  2. Satan (from Satan's Sadists soundtrack)
                  3. Let Yourself Go (Elvis Presley)
                  4. N.I.B. (Black Sabbath)
                  5. Lord Of Your Thighs (Aerosmith)
                  6. Action Woman (The Litter)
                  7. Rough Boy (ZZ Top)
                  8. With a Girl Like You (The Troggs)
                  9. Find Somebody (The Young Rascals)
                  10. Crying In The Rain (The Everly Brothers)

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Cheers, Ian.

With A Girl Like You?
                    Isn't that a little uptempo for him? :)

I'd also be surprised if SATAN remains the second track since it's slow.
                    It really cements him as the "Evil Elvis" though.

Comment

I kinda like this.

Also the Danzig Comeback/Legacy Special is really good and if they put it out on Blu-ray or even DVD or shit, even a CD, I'd buy it.
                      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Love it!
                        I've got the Comeback recorded and would buy it also if it came out...hell I'll buy anything of his except the Aria's.

Comment

Have you heard the INDEPENDENTS, Ian?
                          Here's them covering Mother.
                          If you hate SKA... the new album, which is great, has very little of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_JDFZ4c4OY

Comment

I haven not. I also don't mind ska.

Will definitely check that out. Thanks!
                            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
                              I haven not. I also don't mind ska.

Will definitely check that out. Thanks!
                              Their live album really kicks ass.

Comment

Over the past few weeks I've been having a little Danzig retrospective and its been really rewarding. The first three albums are still masterpieces with How the Gods Kill still being the pinnacle of the original line-up to me but I've also become shamefully aware of how I've neglected 4p somewhat over the years. Stuff like “Cantspeak” “Going Down to Die”, “Until You Call on the Dark” and “I Don't Mind the Pain” are some of the original bands finest compositions.

Going though all the albums also reinforced a theory that I've had for a while which is maybe Danzig should have tried making an album like Satan's Child before tackling an experiment like Blackacidevil. Granted, the sonic jump following 4p would have still been pretty big, even though you could probably call 4p “experimental” in its own right, but the industrial sound on Satan's Child feels much more focused. I actually think Blackacidevil has its fair share of good ideas and nifty sounds, but he still dove into the 90's industrial craze head first when he probably should have taken baby steps. Plus Satan's Child is heavy as all fuck.

Also, am I alone in thinking Circle of Snakes is one of Danzig's strongest? Always loved that album. I really liked I Luciferi too, but I get why some people felt Circle of Snakes was a “comeback” album of sorts, what with I Luciferi technically still being part of the “industrial” Danzig era.
                                Tom Clark
                                Last edited by Tom Clark; 06-26-2016, 07:56 PM.
                                LA PASIÓN ESPAÑOL: THE EROTIC MELODRAMAS OF VICENTE ARANDA (1991-1999)

Comment

Working...
                                X