Our New Album

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our New Album

Some of you know that I'm in a death metal band...I try not to talk about it too much, but I'm kind of excited on what has been going on lately...

We signed with Ibex Moon Records (John from Incantation's label) to put out our third album, Haven for the Insane...was released in 2010 and we did a US tour supporting it...Anyway, after recording our 4th album, our drummer left kind of putting us in a tailspin...we were glad he was gone, but it kind of disrupted things...Anyway, we worked with our new guy all of last year and did some select shows throughout the US and more or less sat on the album till now.

It will be released on May 22nd (I think-the new press release says that, but John told me something else last week) through Ibex Moon again...It is called Vortex of Violence and will have 11 songs.

We are playing with good friends and my favorite band of all time, Autopsy, this Saturday here in Chicago (along with my best friends, Cianide) which will probably be the biggest show in my life. Autopsy is also playing in Brooklyn on Friday...they do not tour, so if you are in the area, go see them! But, we will have copies for this show as this will be our CD release show...So, if you are in Chicago, stop by, grab a CD, and listen to some killer death metal...

Anyway, here is the cover...

Awesome news! Cadaverous Presence is a great album. Looks like I have some catching up to do!

Comment

I dug Presence too and I don't normally geek over death metal (though Autopsy are killer - I was just listening to them yesterday). Love the cover art on the new disc Tom. Who did the art?
      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Love that cover too. I usually prefer the Swedish style when it comes to death metal but I will check out your new album. I do dig Autopsy as well.
        I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Comment

Like all our other full lengths, Putrid did the art...Another artist named Nev did the coloring...

Andrew...the main guitarist in the band is all about the Swedish sound...I kind of changed that a bit when I joined (and I am a death metal dinosaur) but used the original sound that the Swedes ripped off...lol...it is a pretty good blend...

Thanks for the words guys...

Here is a track...haven't been spreading this much because the promo machine has not started rolling yet, but enjoy!

Comment

Cool stuff, Tom! Not big on death metal myself, but always impressed when people can play it. :D

I'll have to start a kickstarter page to fund a trip to Chicago!

Comment

Originally posted by Tom K View Post
              Here is a track...
              Dude...Bitchin!!! Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Tolch View Post
                I'll have to start a kickstarter page to fund a trip to Chicago!
                Ha ha!

It happened again...now from a friend of mine's band...and I want to make fun of him, but I just can't...

Oh well, I guess I got to accept this is the new way...

Comment

Originally posted by Tom K View Post
                  Ha ha!

It happened again...now from a friend of mine's band...and I want to make fun of him, but I just can't...

Oh well, I guess I got to accept this is the new way...
                  My last band was getting gigs at some pretty cool places, including the (legendary) El Mocambo in Toronto. My stepdad just stared at me when I told him we were playing there. "I played the ElMo.....I was in a band for 5 years and we worked our asses off and had to beg and plead and make friends with all kinds of people in low places to get a gig there. How did your band, who have been around for 2 years, do that?" "Myspace" "What the hell??? Myspace? Don't bands do any of their own work anymore?" :D

Comment

I was in Toronto in August of 2010...Got to play The Opera House...Got treated really well there, other then them charging us for selling our merch...

Put it this way...I have been playing this kind of music since 1988...It took me this long to get some perks and to get on decent shows...we bust our asses though and go broke in the process, but we love doing it and that is what keeps us going...I just want to play music with my buddies...the rest of the stuff is just icing on the cake...

Comment

Seen a lot of shows at the opera house! Havent been there in a couple of years, though, since seeing Hank 3 there.

I'll ask my brother if he's heard of you. He loves his metal. :-D

Comment

I stumbled onto a review of the album at a blog I check now and then. It's pretty positive even though the reviewer seems like he doesn't dig death metal.

http://metalmark.blogspot.com/

That blog is okay but it's no Angry Metal Guy, a GOD among blogs.
                        I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Comment

Thanks for posting that review...

Reviews never much mattered to me because WE like what we are doing...I can tell by reading this that he never heard of us and did his homework at Metal Archives...

One thing that does bug me is the "old school death metal revival" tag that reviewers like to give to bands, especially us. I've been doing this since 89...it is all I know...lol...so we never thought we were one of those bands that do consider themselves that way...lol

Comment

Anybody reading this, can you do me a quick favor?

Vote for our album cover (Cardiac Arrest Vortex of Violence) in this weeks contest here...just a quick note as well...our cover was actually drawn by hand...no photoshop like most album covers are now...Not to mention it's a Cat in the BRain homage!! :)

http://metalriot.com/news/cover-art-...a-smoke-steel/

Just check the box and click vote...no need to register either...

Thanks in advance!

Comment

Done. Though, that Pseudogod one's pretty sweet.

Comment

Working...
                              X