X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad Brains - Band In DC Documentary to premiere at SXSW

Youtube promo spot!

Synopsis!

Bad Brains are one of the most important and influential American bands still working today. They melded punk and reggae into an innovative style that has yet to be copied. Their impact and influence can be heard in groups like Beastie Boys, No Doubt, Nirvana, Jane's Addiction and countless more. Despite the troubles of an eccentric front man they have stayed together for 30 years without ever reaching the level of success so many think they deserve. Using rare archival footage and original comic illustrations the film re-constructs Bad Brains' rich and complicated history.

Awesome!
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

So this is making the rounds at various theaters and stuff. Came across the one sheet image.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1h1u_430386101506408130394694111597446889427662075604750n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	80.3 KB
ID:	338699
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Bad Brains now have their own brand of hot sauce.

http://badbrains.com/merch/

"“BAD BRAINS hardcore hot sauce is a Punky Reggae party in every bottle, with a secret blend “Secret 77″ Dr.Know and Darryl have combined the perfect combination of heat and sweet that will surely start a mosh pit in your mouth, we don't call it “Hardcore for nothing”, so don't be shy,give it try, it's guaranteed to Rock for Light !! ."
        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Riiiiiiiiggggghhhhhtttt.

Comment

I guess we know how low a punk can get now...
            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Something tells me that they're not quite done.

Comment

Sad news - H.R. has been diagnosed with a rare neurobiological disorder.

https://www.punknews.org/article/602...gical-disorder
                Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I would think that weed would help with the cluster headaches...?

When I was a teenager, a friend & I drove down to Austin to see The Bad Brains perform ('87 or so) but the venue had recently been busted for serving minors so it was a strict 'No one under 21 allowed' so the band said they'd perform after 2am so everyone could come in. We waited for hours outside in the cold but it was well worth it because they were super intense on stage! I remember all the classics with one or 2 reggae numbers. The venue was the Continental Club (no idea if it's still open) & it was pretty small with a pillar right in the middle of the dance area.

Comment

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Sid McCray, original Bad Brains singer, has passed away.

https://www.brooklynvegan.com/origin...id-mccray-rip/
                      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Wow, I always thought HR was the original singer. Never really heard of Sid, but RIP anyway.

Comment

Yeah, I wasn't familiar with him either, but it sounds like he played a pretty big part in developing their sound. RIP.
                          I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Comment

A whole bunch of reissues coming soon.

https://www.brooklynvegan.com/bad-br...ssue-campaign/
                            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Rock for Light will be mine. For some reason I only ever bought it on cassette (which I still have, although I have no cassette player), and it's a Top 10 of all time for me.

Comment

Working...
                              X