No announcement yet.

Pulp playing some US dates in 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rumor has it that 'After You' is getting a 12" release as a Record Store Day 2013 exclusive, which begs the question.... will there be a B-side?
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

could be a live b-side...and they also have a load of unreleased demos from the first attempt to make their I LOVE LIFE album....(Which AFTER YOU was originally from)

Comment

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

That remix has a good tune...until Jarvis' singing comes in....They dont really gel together well I think....

would have been better as an instrumental......Give me the original PULP version please!

Comment

From Indiewire:

Following 25 years in the music scene and over 10 million records sold, Britpop band Pulp says goodbye in "Pulp: A Film About Life, Death, And Supermarkets," a SXSW-screened documentary that has just been picked up by Oscilloscope Laboratories.

The documentary not only takes a look at behind-the-scene footage of Pulp's concert performances, but incorporates interviews from people who reside in the band's hometown of Sheffield. It's a look at more than just the band, but at the city, movement and industry.

“We were enamored by "Pulp" from the moment it started. As fans, we felt predisposed to appreciate it, but couldn't have been more thrilled to experience a film that did so much more than simply showcase a band that we like," Dan Berger and David Laub of Oscilloscope said.

Oscilloscope also owns the rights to "Teenage," a documentary in theaters now.

"Pulp: A Film About Life, Death, And Supermarkets" will continue to play in festivals before a theatrical release date later this year.
            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Comment

Review

http://variety.com/2014/film/reviews...lp-1201127663/

LOVE PULP...

LOVE Jarvis.....

Will LOVE this i feel!

Comment

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

There's another clip up on NME today.

http://www.nme.com/nme-video/world-e.../3579353014001

I need to see this.
                    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

That clip is JUST as surreal as I expected it to be.....

Long live Jarvis Cocker!

Jarvis Cocker for PRESIDENT!!

Comment

"With all your different projects, how much energy are you putting into music?

Oh, 100%; 110%. Whether it's to impress girls, or whatever, music is the thing that has become my means of self-expression, so this year I'm taking a break from the radio show to find out if I've got any interesting songs left to write or whether I've written them all."

http://www.theguardian.com/music/201...-faber-6-music
                        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Originally posted by sukebanboy View Post
                          Review

http://variety.com/2014/film/reviews...lp-1201127663/

LOVE PULP...

LOVE Jarvis.....

Will LOVE this i feel!
                          Saw the documentry...........It is (as per PULP) not a regular documentary about the band...Not much background on Cocker (if you want to learn more about him, check out......

Its in about 5 parts......)

But it is witty and interesting to watch.....and you can tell Jarvis was behind it all just from the tone................

Comment

Oscilloscope have picked it up for US release, so I expect some DVD/Blu-ray news soon after it finishes the limited theatrical run they've given it here.
                            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

And there's a screening tonight, with the director and Jarvis in attendance, taking place four blocks from my office. It's also completely sold out.
                              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Saw it yesterday (weird choice for an airplane movie but there it was) and really liked it. Like you say, not a normal band documentary at all but a nice mix of funny, interesting and dare I say it, even sweet. I'd like to watch this again. The concert footage was outstanding but the way that they worked the 'common people' aspect into things and just showed off the different characters that populate Sheffield worked really well.
                                Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Working...
                                X