No announcement yet.

Pulp playing some US dates in 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Pulp song, the first one in YEARS, now available on iTunes.

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/album/af...ign-mpt=uo%3D2

I'm gonna download this when I get home.

Click image for larger version

Name:	cover.170x170-75.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	18.0 KB
ID:	342401
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Ok, fuck you, iTunes. UK store only?

NOT COOL.
      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

That's why illegal downloading exists.

Comment

OK, found it. It's very disco. Catchy though.

Just give us a new album already.
          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Here they are...They were on TV a few days ago ......

HONESTLY, like they have never been away!!!

SUEDE have a new CD coming soon too.....

Comment

I have a lot more faith in Pulp than I do in Suede, but will give Suede a shot.

There was a link online to a Jonathan Davis Show performance that Pulp did last week but it was UK only. Is that were that clip is from? I really hope this is more than just a single and that there's a tour in the works. They were so good last year.
              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

It was from the JONATHON ROSS show (He did INCREDIBLY STRANGE FILM SHOW many years ago)

I presume you mean this one as it was their first live appearance on TV for 10 years!!

Seems like they had never been away with that performance!!

http://www.pulppeople.com/
                sukebanboy
                Last edited by sukebanboy; 02-06-2013, 08:04 PM.

Comment

There will be NO new music from them though...

Pulp frontman Jarvis Cocker has revealed there will be no new Pulp music, despite a string of huge reunion shows in 2012.
                  Pulp frontman dashes fans' hopes of a new album, saying the band still struggle with old material
                  At the end of 2012 they will finish....

"We'll just be cruising off into the sunset," he adds in the Q interview. "Seems poetic. Not wishing to make a big deal, but we've played for a while and it's been really good, but you can't keep doing that forever. Will you see Pulp again? Who knows. I'm not stoking those particular rumours."
                  http://www.gigwise.com/news/77890/ja...cord-new-music

Comment

Jonathan Ross, yeah, that's who I meant. I was close. Jonathan Davis was the singer from Korn. haha.

So in that interview, from Nov. 2012, Jarvis says there will be no new music from the band. And then in Jan. 2013, new music from the band appears. I know it was an old demo they re-recorded, but still. Then they appear on TV to promote it.

He obviously changed his mind.
                    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
                      Jonathan Ross, yeah, that's who I meant. I was close. Jonathan Davis was the singer from Korn. haha.

So in that interview, from Nov. 2012, Jarvis says there will be no new music from the band. And then in Jan. 2013, new music from the band appears. I know it was an old demo they re-recorded, but still. Then they appear on TV to promote it.

He obviously changed his mind.
                      You know what old Jarvis is like!!!!

Also.....

. Jarvis was asked if there are any new Pulp songs on the horizon: "It took us long enough to relearn the old songs, so we'll have to see about that. But I've got ideas. I keep my little notebook, I've always got that with me [fishes a small notepad titled 'Stuff + Nonsense' from his jacket]. Hopefully there's more stuff than nonsense in there."
                      sukebanboy
                      Last edited by sukebanboy; 02-06-2013, 08:07 PM.

Comment

I enjoy both stuff and nonsense so I'm down for whatever he does.

I even dug the Relaxed Muscle stuff. And seeing as I've just brought that up, it's a good excuse to post this video.

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Haha RELAXED MUSCLE....Hard to believe that they played quite a few gigs before anyone realised it was Jarvis wearing the strange make up and skeleton clothes....

I love ANYTHING Jarvis has done...His witty words, original- sounding voice and (most of all) his other worldly dancing!!!

His solo stuff was pretty good...but not as consistently as his collaborations...

(If you look closely, you can see most of PULP in his backing band!!!)

Comment

He played some solo shows here in NYC when he toured for the first solo album and I didn't get to go. And before the Pulp show here last year, Relaxed Muscle played a 'secret' show at an art museum. I wanted to go to that but flaked out on it. Regrets!
                            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Oh and I liked both solo albums quite a bit. So if Pulp doesn't do another album, hopefully he at least turns out another solo release.
                              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
                                He played some solo shows here in NYC when he toured for the first solo album and I didn't get to go. And before the Pulp show here last year, Relaxed Muscle played a 'secret' show at an art museum. I wanted to go to that but flaked out on it. Regrets!
                                REGRETS INDEED!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X