Van Halen Reunion Tour in 2012?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Van Halen Reunion Tour in 2012?

Apparantly they've got Roth fronting them again for a reunion tour this coming year.

I wish I were excited about this but I'm not.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Click image for larger version

Name:	ccl.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	19.8 KB
ID:	338346

Comment

Apparently they were much better than The Police reunion, which consisted of the same setlist almost every night.

I probably won't catch them though considering what the price the tickets will be.

Comment

Not interested in the slightest. Ed and co. haven't been interesting since the 80's. This is a big nostalgia cash in, which, if they can pull it off, more power to them - but it will probably suck. Reviews of the last time these guys hit the road together were not great; they played to mixed reviews, and reports of Ed's unfocused noodlings on the guitar. Sad for a guy who was once a trailblazer, but who is now content to be a power drinker.

Say what you will about Hagar, but he seems happy, and he's rich , thanks to good investments and using his head. I don't care for his music, but I respect that he distanced himself from these clowns.

Comment

Originally posted by Zane C. View Post
          but I respect that he distanced himself from these clowns.

And started hanging out with Aliens!

http://content.usatoday.com/communit...ged-into-me-/1

Comment

I remember that. Go Sammy!

I'm kinda with Zane on this though. I LOVED Van Halen in the 80s when I was a kid and the albums still hold up for me but this'll be expensive and more than likely pretty lame.
            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Originally posted by Terry C View Post
              And started hanging out with Aliens!

http://content.usatoday.com/communit...ged-into-me-/1
              I never said he was NORMAL, Terry! :)

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
                I remember that. Go Sammy!

I'm kinda with Zane on this though. I LOVED Van Halen in the 80s when I was a kid and the albums still hold up for me but this'll be expensive and more than likely pretty lame.
                Yeah, I just can't see this being good. Ed used to be an amazing guitarist, but no more.

Comment

Come to think of it, the only thing I would go see with that included Ed would be if him and Shane McGowan toured. They could call it the Toothless and Clueless tour! Except for the fact that McGowan is probably more coherent and talented than EVH.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post

Who knows it might be good. Maybe Sammy will come down from the rafters in a cardboard spaceship and join Davie in singing Panama.

Comment

Originally posted by Terry C View Post
                      Who knows it might be good. Maybe Sammy will come down from the rafters in a cardboard spaceship and join Davie in singing Panama.
                      Reach down ... between my legs and a ... ease the seed bag.

Comment

...swallow the shooters...

Comment

Originally posted by Zane C. View Post
                          Say what you will about Hagar, but he seems happy, and he's rich , thanks to good investments and using his head. I don't care for his music, but I respect that he distanced himself from these clowns.
                          Hrm... every interview I read with the Hagar seems to be him talking about how he'd love to be in VH again.

Comment

Originally posted by Roderick View Post
                            Hrm... every interview I read with the Hagar seems to be him talking about how he'd love to be in VH again.
                            I'd give my right leg to be in VH*.

*Vanessa Hudgens

Comment

East Village Radio posted a clip of them doing Panama from the NYC club show they did last night.

Evidently a new album, with Roth on vocals, is due in Feb. called A Different Kind Of Truth.

http://www.eastvillageradio.com/cont...nt.php?id=2858

I'm still not as excited about this as I'd like to be.
                              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Working...
                              X