Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Worship At The Temple Of... The Cramps! (or the official R!S!P! Cramps Thread)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worship At The Temple Of... The Cramps! (or the official R!S!P! Cramps Thread)

DROOL.......

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Oh man, that looks rad.

I had a chance to chat briefly with Kid Congo Powers a few months ago and apparently he is still in touch with Ivy and says she is doing surprisingly well. He also said she is "getting stuff together" so hopefully we will see her resurface again before too long.

Comment

I heard a rumor at one point she was going to be doing something with Wayne The Train Hancock but now I can't find any info on that or remember where I heard it so it's probably just something I made up.

Glad to hear she's doing well and going to be possibly getting back into things though.
      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I can't hit the link from here.....what's the $$$?

Comment

Last week before heading to NY, I checked on it and it's about $90 (converted to USD). It might end up being lower priced, but I'd suggest waiting to find out for sure. No idea of how limited the vinyl set is, either. It is "official" too -- though via EMI for the rights. I talked to Lindsay Hutton a little about it, and he said he wouldn't have worked on it with Munster if it wasn't official.

From the sounds of things, Ivy might be working with In The Red for some kind of future Cramps release(s) too. Nothing concrete, but that's the rumors starting to go around.

Here's a fun picture from Thee Cormans' blog too:

Comment

I was just about to post that picture. So glad to see she's still around and looking as rad as ever.
            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Man, I'll probably have to pick that up. I only have one of their early singles...Surfin Bird...on vinyl, and would very much like the rest of them.

Comment

Amazon has it up for pre-order:

Vinyl

CD

Comment

Schwing! Thanks KR.
                  Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I bought the CD version last week but anyone wanting the vinyl release based in the US might want to get it from Goner Records who have it in stock for $88.

http://www.goner-records.com/cart/in...oducts_id=8616
                    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Are the CD tracks the same as everything we've already got but in a different package?

Comment

I've only listened to it once so I can't say for sure. It was on in the car at a low volume and conversations were going on.

Lame answer, huh?
                        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Playing The Cramps at low volume? You are doing it all wrong.

Comment

Yeah I know but I was driving around with unappreciative family members in the car.
                            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Lame answer.

Comment

Working...
                              X