Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Worship At The Temple Of... The Cramps! (or the official R!S!P! Cramps Thread)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still hot as hell.

Comment

From the Vengeance Records facebook page:

"Attention CRAMPS FIENDS! Poison Ivy is currently working on their entire back catalog being reissued followed by a new album of unreleased recordings entitled Gravest Gravy, which is the entire Gravest Hits session. This material has never appeared on bootlegs and will blow minds. A four LP box of How To Make A Monster will follow that. And more will come thereafter. You've been warned..."
      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Huzzah! Best Monday EVER.

Comment

I wonder if they'll be remastered, or just reissued.

Comment

Larry Hardy said the other day they'd be remastered
            "I don't eat at taco joints unless there's a lawn care truck parked out front" - me

Comment

Nice. A band I don't mind double and triple and quadruple dipping on. :D

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Tolch View Post
                Nice. A band I don't mind double and triple and quadruple dipping on. :D
                Yup. For me this will be a quad dip on many of these, but I will gladly do so. I bought vinyl on every record up through RockinnReelininAucklandNewZealand, then the original CDs, then the expanded CDs and now these.

Comment

Anyone in LA around Halloween might want to take this in...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Cramps-Dpuble-flyer-1-.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	69.4 KB
ID:	343954
                  Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Cramped!

Co-editor: Kizmiaz Records & Super Loto Editions

Cramped ! is an illustrated anthology of the many bootleg recordings of the American band "The Cramps" who made their indelible mark on the history of rock and roll over a period of four decades since their inception at the end of the 1970's.
                    The book reads like a fan book, on one hand proposing an exhaustive list of pirate recordings of the band (including albums, singles, flexes, picture discs, box sets and even postcards), but also involving the participation of illustrators and comic book authors who have been inspired by the bands output over the years.
                    The book itself comes in the form of a 45 vinyl and is accompanied by an album comprising covers of some "Cramps" classics by four bands equally inspired by this legendary group. The collection also includes a "Cramps" family tree, detailing the thirty or so musicians who have passed through their ranks.
                    Cramped ! then is not only by the fans for the fans but also essential item for all lovers of authentic rock and roll.

With the contribution of Winshluss (cover), Moolinex, Imius, Syd Dolby, Nicolas Moog & Matthias Lehmann, Pakito Bolino, Mattt Konture, Oudin Ojjo & Janus Ojjo, Vincent Wagnair, Bingo, Laure Del Pino & Olivier Josso, Romain Marsault (family tree).

Music by Birds Are Alive, Brat Farrar, King Automatic, Magnetix.
                    credits
                    released 01 November 2013
                    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Sounds like a slicked up revision of THIS classic zine.

Comment

And, happy birthday, Lux Interior!

Comment

Name:	1381592_10202390131420865_125033161_n.jpg
Size:	56.1 KB
ID:	344448
                          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
                            [ATTACH=CONFIG]8288[/ATTACH]
                            Would make an ace tattoo!

Comment

Years ago, I almost got the bad music skull cover guy as a tattoo. It was gonna be huge.

Comment

I guess The Cramps sort of made the cover of Rolling Stone.

Name:	20140114-lordecover-x600-1389718176.jpg
Size:	26.5 KB
ID:	344967
                                Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Working...
                                X