Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hooray, Black Sabbath are getting back together! Oh wait, no they're not. Huh?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That does change things if it was at his request. But still, fuck those guys.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

So the new album is going to be called 13 and it comes out in June. No Bill Ward, instead the drums will be handled by Brad Wilk... of Rage Against The Machine.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.asp...sitemID=184790
      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
          So the new album is going to be called 13 and it comes out in June. No Bill Ward, instead the drums will be handled by Brad Wilk... of Rage Against The Machine.

Love how they place the blame on Ward for not being involved...

Comment

Rubin's beard gets an A+.
            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

All those records are intimidating.

Comment

The "Pioneers of Rock"...?

Comment

More....

From Metal Hammer:

More details on the different formats 13 - out June 10 - will be available in have also come to light, with the following variations now available to pre-order from www.blacksabbath.com:

• Standard CD album
                  • Deluxe double CD album in a deluxe soft-pack (includes a second disc of exclusive bonus audio material)
                  • Vinyl: 12″ heavyweight (180g) vinyl album in a gatefold sleeve
                  • Super Deluxe Box Set: limited edition 12″ clamshell box set which contains:
                  - Deluxe double CD album
                  - 12″ heavyweight (180g) vinyl album in a gatefold sleeve
                  - Exclusive DVD containing 'Black Sabbath-The Re-union' documentary
                  - 5 behind-the-scenes videos
                  - Download card containing exclusive track by track interview with Black Sabbath
                  - Exclusive '13′ art print
                  - 13 exclusive photographic prints and hand written album lyrics
                  Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Supposedly this is the cover art.

Click image for larger version

Name:	blacksabbathcoverart.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	72.0 KB
ID:	342864
                    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post

Not a horrible choice. I really dug RATM's sound, and Wilk was a big part of that. He's more than capable as a replacement.

Plus, it could be worse. Appice could be on tour with them, being a huge Prima Donna.

Comment

Originally posted by Todd Jordan View Post
                        So you're a fan of Ozzy's solo work?
                        With Randy - yes. And the Jake E Lee stuff has some highlights. As for the Sack Mylde era - "Ozzmosis" and "No More Tears" cut the mustard. The rest is various forms of shit and shinola.

Comment

Originally posted by Horace Cordier View Post
                          With Randy - yes. And the Jake E Lee stuff has some highlights. As for the Sack Mylde era - "Ozzmosis" and "No More Tears" cut the mustard. The rest is various forms of shit and shinola.
                          Horamce, you truly understand Ozzy! :)

I'm a big OO fan, and most of it is because of the Randy era. That stuff is CLASSIC. Oz has been living off of BLIZZARD OF OZZ and DIARY OF A MADMAN for years - still his best albums, although BARK AT THE MOON and NO MORE TEARS were also decent. And as great a rhythm section as Tommy Aldridge and Rudy Sarzo were, they replaced arguably Ozzy's best rhythm section, composed of Bob Daisley and Lee Kerslake. That lineup was golden, and they created magic on those first two albums. It's a damn shame that those two have been fighting the Osbournes in court for years, and that until recently, those albums had only been available on CD in that horrid, horrid rerecorded version. Randy would be rolling over in his grave over that travesty.

FYI: There's two amazing books about Randy Rhoads out right now. One from Velocity Publishing, which is pricey, but is THE book about Randy, by Andrew Klein and Steven Rosen, and another about Randy's Quiet Riot years, by Ron Sobol. There's also yet another one, by Randy's friend and former QR bassist Kelly Garni.

Apparently the Rhoads family is suing Klein and Rosen over their book, as it was originally supposed to be a documentary. Most of the material they gathered (interviews, etc.) and shot was supposedly used for the book instead, and his family didn't like what they saw in terms of the doc, I guess. The trailer for this unfinished doc was leaked, and is on YouTube. It's pretty easy to find.

If you have any interest in that Klein and Rosen book, I'd get it sooner, rather than later, as it will most likely be pulled if the lawsuit is successful. It's a shame that proper channels weren't followed - the book is an amazing piece of work, with great, rare pics, and lots of text about everything Randy, including the tragic accident that took his life. LOTS of insight on that mystery in the book.

Comment

ah hum the snippet of album played on the latest youtube clip sounds like they were trying too hard to sound like their glory days, which I guess could be a good thing. The issue I have was the vocals I heard. Ozzy's vocals sound exactly like the "really churned out average album years" (anything since no more tears). If you are trying so hard to re-create that sound of classic black Sabbath at least make the vocals sound like Sabbath. But whats 20 seconds? Who am I to judge at this point. But for me that would make the difference between an album that IS Black Sabbath as opposed to an album that sounds like a later period ozzy album that just happens to sound like Black Sabbath. Do you get me?

Comment

So the new Black Sabbath single will be debuting.... on CSI.

No joke.

http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/32...medium=twitter
                              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

It's Geezer Butler's favorite show.

Comment

Working...
                                X