The Public Image Is Rotten (2018)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Public Image Is Rotten (2018)

Rented this one on Vimeo last night and was pleased with it. It's under 2 hours so doesn't get into too much depth, but it was nice to see most of the major players get recent interviews for the documentary, including Jah Wobble, Jim Walker, and Martin Atkins. I checked out of PiL sometime around ALBUM (Though I do like a handful of songs from later years), and this documentary spends most of the time examining the origins of PiL and kinda caps out with Album (including an interview with Ginger Baker).

Overall, a nice time-waster with some great footage and interviews with Thurston Moore, Adam Horovitz, Flea, and others who were influenced by them.

Been meaning to check this out, glad to hear it's worthwhile.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Tolch View Post
      I checked out of PiL sometime around ALBUM
      I love that album! Yes, it's not really like PiL, but I can't resist Lydon rocking out with Ginger Baker and Steve Vai.
      I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

Originally posted by agent999 View Post
        I love that album! Yes, it's not really like PiL, but I can't resist Lydon rocking out with Ginger Baker and Steve Vai.
        Yes, I'm a big fan of ALBUM as well. The drums are nuts.

Comment

"...I checked out of PiL sometime around ALBUM..."

Same here.
          I stopped collecting after Flowers of Romance but kept up with what they were doing later with the local library.

Anyone remember this?
          At the time It wasn't widely known that musicians lip-synced on the show so it pissed the producers off greatly.

I'll have to check out the doc...cheers.

Comment

Hahahaha, that is great. Looks like Lydon is actually having a good time.

Comment

Working...
            X