Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP DMX

He's passed away at 50.

"The rapper, whose real name is Earl Simmons, had been on life support after suffering an apparent drug overdose-induced heart attack on Friday."

https://www.thedailybeast.com/rapper...r-heart-attack
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Here's a link that isn't behind a pay wall.

https://www.npr.org/2021/04/09/98427...dmx-dead-at-50
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

He was a tortured soul, and for him to be frank about his mental health issues in his music was very gutsy. Hopefully he finally found peace.

Comment

That's sad. 50, man. Way too young. RIP
        "When I die, I hope to go to Accra"

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
          That's sad. 50, man. Way too young. RIP
          The really sad thing is that it's almost a miracle he made it to that age.

Comment

Prince Phillip was almost twice Earl's age. I bet DMX led a more fulfilling life, demons aside. He probably did more actual good and inspired more people, surely.

What did Phil do? Get drunk and shag that miserable bird? I bet that got old 80 years ago. DMX would have made a far better prince. I mean not THE Prince. You guys know what I'm sayin'.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
              Prince Phillip was almost twice Earl's age. I bet DMX led a more fulfilling life, demons aside. He probably did more actual good and inspired more people, surely.

What did Phil do? Get drunk and shag that miserable bird? I bet that got old 80 years ago. DMX would have made a far better prince. I mean not THE Prince. You guys know what I'm sayin'.
              I never really got into DMX, I checked out of hip hop in the mid-90's for the most part. Kinda disturbed to read animal abuse charges. that happened out your way, Scott? Cave Creek? That's a big Hells Angels chapter too, I think.

I'm saying this having no idea of how big Arizona is haha. It's like when people ask me how far a drive it is to Vancouver, and I'm like, Uh, at least 60 hours.

Comment

Yeah Cave Creek is about 40 minutes away. It's on the edge of the valley.

Comment

I didn't know until today that DMX and Steven Seagal had collaborated again (after EXIT WOUNDS, natch) in 2019 with another film!

'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
                  'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

Comment

Working...
                  X