New Tribulation album in Jan. 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Tribulation album in Jan. 2021

Finally a new album from these guys. One of my favorite bands, think goth-influenced metal with harsh vocals if you've never heard them. Damn, January seems so far away.

"Where The Gloom Becomes Sound"

"'Down, further down, Where the Gloom Becomes Sound...', Anna-Varney Cantodea once sang in a previous millenium, in a different world. And further down than 'Down Below' we went with this one. The album is a sombre one, filled with ghastly shadows and elemental magic — a mythological bestiarium vocabulum ranging from the desert sands to the midnight sun, from our murky prehistorical past to our potentially luminous futures. Figuratively, literally and musically. We worked together with producer Jamie Elton to create something wild and imaginative, something that would take the listener on a nightly adventure along with Fernand Khnopff's enigmatic sibyl on the cover and with all the gods and goddesses, nymphs and demons that we conjured up during the recording. As an icing on an already frosted cake we had the help of Tom Dalgety for the finishing touches."

Click image for larger version

Name:	Xi0HHr7.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	128.8 KB
ID:	371341
    I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

I've seen their albums around but never listened to them. I'll check them out on Spotify later today.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Start with The Children of the Night. That's their masterpiece. They started out as a straight up death metal band with The Horror, then went proggy death on The Formulas of Death. Then with Children they came up with a goth/hard rock/metal hybrid that is just amazing. The last one, Down Below was really good too.

Comment

Yeah, listening to Down Below right now, it's pretty good.
        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

The second song on Down Below, "Nightbound" is so fucking good.

Comment

Ian, play track 9 from Children of the Night, "Cauda Pavonis". It sounds exactly like something from a giallo soundtrack!

Comment

Ha, I heard that earlier today, and I agree!
              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Tribulation is the best-smelling band I've ever seen, but there was a reason. I saw a Watain/In Solitude/Tribulation show a few years ago and Tribulation opened, and they set up the most beautiful-smelling incense. It was very trippy and matched the goth-rock mood perfectly. In Solitude came next, who I LOVE (esp. the Sister album), which one-ups the Tribulation stuff for me, and the incense kept wafting about creating an all-around pleasant atmosphere. Then Watain came out with the rotting pigs heads on stakes, and I understood the need of the fog of incense to try and mask the stench of decaying head meat. Between the fire, blood, Satanic rituals, and putrid TCM-ish meat smell I bailed about halfway through Watain.

Comment

Originally posted by David H View Post
                  Tribulation is the best-smelling band I've ever seen, but there was a reason. I saw a Watain/In Solitude/Tribulation show a few years ago and Tribulation opened, and they set up the most beautiful-smelling incense. It was very trippy and matched the goth-rock mood perfectly. In Solitude came next, who I LOVE (esp. the Sister album), which one-ups the Tribulation stuff for me, and the incense kept wafting about creating an all-around pleasant atmosphere. Then Watain came out with the rotting pigs heads on stakes, and I understood the need of the fog of incense to try and mask the stench of decaying head meat. Between the fire, blood, Satanic rituals, and putrid TCM-ish meat smell I bailed about halfway through Watain.
                  That was a Decibel tour, wasn't it? I envy you. I love In Solitude too, David. Particularly Sister and The World The Flesh The Devil. Just a great band, even the debut is really strong even if the Mercyful Fate influence is very prevalent. It really sucks they broke up. In Solitude is maybe a tiny notch below Tribulation for me but they were awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Monroe View Post
                    That was a Decibel tour, wasn't it? I envy you. I love In Solitude too, David. Particularly Sister and The World The Flesh The Devil. Just a great band, even the debut is really strong even if the Mercyful Fate influence is very prevalent. It really sucks they broke up. In Solitude is maybe a tiny notch below Tribulation for me but they were awesome.
                    I don't remember it being a Decibel tour, but if I recall Watain & In Solitude hooked up with a Db tour or played one of the Metal & Beer fests later along with some other bands? I'm foggy about it. It was at a club in Baltimore called the Soundstage, and they closed off half the club because it was a small (or lightly attended) show. I saw some later shows there when they opened the whole club up, with bands I thought had about the same amount of fan following, like Electric Wizard or High on Fire, so I'm not sure why the Watain show was only half-capacity.

Comment

The Decibel tour Tribulation played on featured Abbath, High on Fire and Skeletonwitch. It was rad. I miss shows.

Comment

Originally posted by David H View Post
                        This is the best story ever.
                        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Originally posted by Roderick View Post
                          The Decibel tour Tribulation played on featured Abbath, High on Fire and Skeletonwitch. It was rad. I miss shows.
                          That's right, I was mixing up 2 different tours.

Comment

The new album is so fucking good. I already like it better than the last one, Down Below (and I dug that a lot). Early favorite song here. So gloomy, so catchy. Jonathan Hulten, one of the guitarists and songwriters, has left the band. They've already replaced him but I hope it's not a crippling blow. The leads on this album are spectacular.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Monroe View Post
                              The new album is so fucking good. I already like it better than the last one, Down Below (and I dug that a lot). Early favorite song here. So gloomy, so catchy. Jonathan Hulten, one of the guitarists and songwriters, has left the band. They've already replaced him but I hope it's not a crippling blow. The leads on this album are spectacular.

Agreed, it is a good album. I really like Hulten's solo album, so yeah, hopefully the rest of the band still have some solid songwriting skills.

Comment

Working...
                              X