No announcement yet.

Magnolia Pictures picks up Julian Temple's Doc on Shane MacGowan, Crock of Gold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Magnolia Pictures picks up Julian Temple's Doc on Shane MacGowan, Crock of Gold

Yes. I will see this.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...164105395.html

With animation from Ralph Steadman. Rad.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I put this in Music; hope that's acceptable.

Comment

Very much so.
        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

So, it was released two days ago....I'm hoping that it jumps the theatres and is available for us non-UK folk to see sooner rather than later.

Comment

Trailer!

Press release!

A cinematic exploration of Shane MacGowan's story, Julien Temple's film 'Crock of Gold' details Shane's explosive existence, from his salad days, growing up in Ireland, to time spent on the mean streets of London and embracing the punk scene. To forming the Pogues and the conquering the known universe, we discover MacGowan's passions, his humor & deep knowledge of music, history, spirituality & popular culture. For this is Shane's story. A vision of the world through the eyes of the great punk poet himself and an intimate cast of close friends and family members, all channeled through Temple's inimitable and eternally vibrant lens.

Johnny Depp Presents

In Association with BBC Music, Warner Music, and Hanway Films with Participation of Screen Ireland

A Nitrate Film / Infinitum Nihil Production

A Julien Temple film

Editor - Caroline Richards
            Director of Photography - Stephen Organ
            Colorist - Gwyn Evans
            Art Director - Abi Ford
            Re-recording Mixer - Andrew Stirk
            Music Supervisor - Ian Neil Archive
            Producer - Katharine Waldrum
            Sound Supervisor - Ben Young
            Animation Supervisor - Jonny Halifax
            Associate Producer - Victoria Mary Clark
            Co-Producer - Patrick O'Neill
            Executive Producers - Jonathan Blanshay, Ciaran McNamara,
            Damien O'Donohoe, & Manish Patel
            Executive Producer on Behalf of Warner Music - Steve Lappin
            Executive producer on Behalf of BBC Music - Jan Young Husband
            Executive Producers - Gerry O'Boyle, Sam Sarkar & Jeremy Thomas
            Producers - Johnny Depp, Stephen Deuters, Stephen Malit, & Julien Temple
            Directed by Julien Temple
            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

There's a pretty cheap UK DVD out on Monday.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Crock-Gold-.../dp/B08K41YJB3
              I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

I haven't followed the Pogues or Shane's career but I just read up on him; according to Wiki he's had to use a wheelchair since 2015 because he broke his pelvis. Ouch!! Five years!!!
                2019: The only blog to survive the nuclear holocaust

Comment

This is a great watch. It's pretty long for a music documentary, but Julien Temple keeps it fun, cheekily using good old cliches about the sainted Oooirish and the nasty Brits. The animation is great and varied, particularly enjoyed the Crumb like sequence about him dropping strong acid with a girl, taking her back to his parents' flat, talking her down from jumping off the balcony and then fucking her while she pulsated psychedelic colours.

MacGowan is a contradictory fucker, and he really doesn't suffer fools gladly. He has a good drunken rapport with Johnny Depp but makes Bobby Gillespie look like a rabbit in the headlights. Not sure if the other Pogues refused to be involved or if they weren't asked, but the film is better for it, it's around the half way point before that part of the story even begins.

If you like the Pogues, or just drunk cunts in general, this is essential.
                  I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

Available everywhere unless you're fucking Canadian, I guess. Youtube, google play, sony, amazon....all of them come up as video not found here.

Comment

This looks good. Each time I get fed up with Johnny Depp, he redeems himself by helping out on something like this.

Comment

Originally posted by paul h. View Post
                        This looks good. Each time I get fed up with Johnny Depp, he redeems himself by helping out on something like this.
                        His instant Irish accent is annoying as fuck, though lol. As soon as I saw him show up with Shane, I was like, "next words out of his mouth are going to have some put-on accent."....wasn't disappointed.

Available on itunes up here now. Not my preferred platform, but for a 6 dollar rental, I'll take it.

Comment

Working...
                        X