Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Victim of Changes: When Favorite Bands Jump the Shark? (Prog / Classic Rock / Metal)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any Queensryche fans here?

I stopped following their work after HEAR IN THE NOW FRONTIER. I've been heavily revisiting MINDCRIME recently. Out of curiosity I've been reading up on Geoff Tate & the band's history post-PROMISED LAND, and... WTF was the deal with the "Queensryche Cabaret"?! I cannot imagine being a fan who's actively followed their fall from grace.

I've read up pretty thoroughly now on the interpersonal & legal feuds. But I cannot get my head around the "Queensryche Cabaret" clips I watched on Youtube. How anyone thought it was a good idea in concept or execution?!

Comment

Originally posted by Darcy Parker View Post
      Hot Sauce Committee was better mostly due to MCA's health declining and not allowing him as much input, which is kinda sad, but if it made better music...
      I think that MCA has some of the best rhymes on that album, though. "Go shave a sheep and knit yourself a sweater" cracks me up in a big way.

Comment

Originally posted by Curwen View Post
        Any Queensryche fans here?

I stopped following their work after HEAR IN THE NOW FRONTIER. I've been heavily revisiting MINDCRIME recently. Out of curiosity I've been reading up on Geoff Tate & the band's history post-PROMISED LAND, and... WTF was the deal with the "Queensryche Cabaret"?! I cannot imagine being a fan who's actively followed their fall from grace.

I've read up pretty thoroughly now on the interpersonal & legal feuds. But I cannot get my head around the "Queensryche Cabaret" clips I watched on Youtube. How anyone thought it was a good idea in concept or execution?!
        I have actually never listened to Queensryche outside of my cousin playing them for me for 10 minutes. My cousin had the shittiest taste in music ever, though, so if he said, "Hey, check this band out", I would pretty much hate them before I heard the first note lol.

Comment

Led Zeppelin~In Through The Out Door
          Black Sabbath ~Technical Ecstasy (liked some of Sabbath Bloody Sabbath)
          Rolling Stones~ Black and Blue (Sorely missing Taylor)
          AC/DC~ the Death of Bon
          Iggy Pop/Stooges~ New Values
          Damned~ Phantasmagoria (resurrected with Grave Disorder)
          Yes~ Drama
          Replacements~ Don't Tell A Soul
          R.E.M~ Life's Rich Pageant

Comment

Originally posted by Matt H. View Post
            The Jon Spencer Blues Explosion lost me around "Plastic Fang", although I thought "Acme" was a big step-down from "Now I Got Worry" (it still had some good songs). I thought maybe "Fang" was just a dud, but then it was confirmed that they lost me when I picked up "Damage". Haven't tried anything since.
            I'd agree with this but did really enjoy Freedom Tower-No Wave Dance Party 2015.
            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Originally posted by Koukol View Post
              Yes~ Drama
              Interesting. You weren't put off by TORMATO?

Comment

Originally posted by Curwen View Post
                Interesting. You weren't put off by TORMATO?
                Since I sold all my YES albums back in the mid 70's when I discovered The Ramones and The Clash I had to refresh my memory of the album on Youtube and while I never really loved it I thought it had a few good songs.
                It was just easier to pick the "shark" point when Trevor stepped in similar to when Adrian Belew did for King Crimson and Ronny Wood did for the Stones.

The Tormato tour was brilliant, though, since it was the last time all the original members where together and at their peak.
                Like the Who's final tour the technical show and performance was brilliant.

Comment

Working...
                X