The Lo-Fi, Outsider, Avant-Pop, Experimental Music Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JLG View Post
    i don't like to post things that i don't own. in a weirdo way that just feels like cheating.
    What do you mean by "owning"?

Being the composer?
    Holding the copyright?
    Having bought the album?

By the way, I cannot see many of your posted videos.

Comment

Originally posted by JLG View Post
      i don't consider it to be "outsider." just something pretty catchy, or poppy. that album has a couple of covers on it too possibly for more appeal to people.
      The vocals are similar. Only the accompanying instruments are different.

Comment

Originally posted by memekera View Post
        What do you mean by "owning"?

Being the composer?
        Holding the copyright?
        Having bought the album?

By the way, I cannot see many of your posted videos.

"owning" means that i have purchased a physical copy. i don't really approve of downloading shit for free. i have downloaded shit for free before tho. 4 things in total. Logos by Tangerine Dream. The main theme from Zombi by Fabio Frizzi and the Godzilla version by Bixio, Frizzi, Tempera. i own physical copies of all of these that i have paid for. the only thing i have that i did not pay for is a live version of a song called Gods of Norse by a band called Cybotron. absolutely no other way to get it. i don't care if other people download shit for free but for me it just isn't something that floats my boat. i suppose down the road something could happen and change my opinion but i'm not sure. this kinda goes along with the physical media thing. sometimes it takes a while to find the item you're looking for but when you find it it just feels pretty awesome. sure, you could have downloaded it for free but instead you put in the time and tracked it down. i like it when that happens.

anyway, there is all kinds of shit that can get posted in here cuz this is the internet but i only like to post the stuff that i actually own cuz it is stuff that i actually buy cuz i like it. i can think of other music things that would fit in here but i won't post stuff that i don't really like.

i did make an exception with Costes tho but honestly don't know many people that are familiar with him. i'm not a fan but i do know a few people that are. i did like the Stab Those Devils song.

not sure about the videos. maybe someone else can help with that. was it just the one video?

Comment

sorry for the rant. not trying to take the fun out of the thread

Comment

Juana Molina

Juana Molina

Here is with better quality

Comment

Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

Comment

pretty sure this album was meant for the walkman. these 2 sound pretty awesome when i ride my bicycle

Comment

How outsider and experimental do y'all wanna go?

"I don't eat at taco joints unless there's a lawn care truck parked out front" - me

Comment

"How outsider and experimental do y'all wanna go?"

i'd say go full hardcore in posting. "outsider" can almost be novelty, in a way. i like these threads but feel that this one needs some help

Comment

Comment

this guy was very fun to see live. kinda think others on here have seen him. very fun part of the show

Comment

Everest Magma is pretty good. 2 albums but i can't find them on youtube but this is good stuff

https://boringmachines.bandcamp.com/...modern-antique

https://boringmachines.bandcamp.com/...t-magma-gnosis

Comment

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X