Clear All

• The Lo-Fi, Outsider, Avant-Pop, Experimental Music Thread

Let's get strange...

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

I keep hearing about Animal Collective. I have yet to hear them. I believe I will remedy that today.

Comment

Comment

avant-pop is a pretty broad label

i know people have different opinions of Sigh but i think Imaginary Sonicscape falls into avant-pop

this one is a bonus track from the reissue

while the extra tracks on the reissue are nice i prefer the original release. Bring Back the Dead has been changed for the reissue. been a while but i think it is extended but the guitar riffs are gone. major bummer. i could be wrong but i'm pretty sure that is how it was changed.

not super into guitar sounds for the most part but there are some very catchy riffs, or whatever, on this album. remember telling my brother it about and saying something like Goblin teaming up with Tangerine Dream for a black metal record

Comment

Originally posted by JLG View Post
                    Interesting song. I believe that it is here as an "outsider" style, but is a common style from North Africa to India.

Here is a similar style from Mali:

Comment

Originally posted by memekera View Post
                      Interesting song. I believe that it is here as an "outsider" style, but is a common style from North Africa to India.

Here is a similar style from Mali:

i don't consider it to be "outsider." just something pretty catchy, or poppy. that album has a couple of covers on it too possibly for more appeal to people.

this is a pretty good one
                      JLG
                      Last edited by JLG; 06-09-2017, 09:17 PM. Reason: video link no good

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

i don't like to post things that i don't own. in a weirdo way that just feels like cheating. i kinda think Costes belongs in this thread tho.

i have only heard the Lung Farts album. i remember it made me laugh a bit. the song called Stab Those Devils caught my attention tho. and the very end of the album. think it was farting/shitting sounds, maybe puking, then Costes saying something like,"I'm french and you're english."

pretty sure if GG Allin live entertains you then Costes might do the same. plus, i believe there is a direct connection thru Lisa Suckdog.

cannot find a link for Stab Those Devils but here is the Costes site
                              http://www.costes.org/index.htm

Comment

Working...
                              X