What'd you get, music wise?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Andrew Monroe View Post

They kick massive ass! They were such a good band back in those days. Walkin' the Dog is a real standout. Sound is a bit rough but still very listenable. Aerosmith was a real gateway band for me - leading to much heavier stuff. Those early albums still hold up well.
    They were the same for me, definitely a huge gateway band that.... well, they fell from grace pretty damn hard but the early stuff, like you say, it's still killer.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Dead Cross - II
      Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

• Fortnox - s/t Got the Rock Candy reissue of this.

Anyone into traditional, classic metal should check them out.

I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Comment

• Nader Sader - In The Flesh

For some reason, a block down from where we live, there was a table set up on the sidewalk with a stack of like 50 copies of this record on vinyl with a sign that said 'free music, take one!' so I did.

It's pretty solid death/grind/black metal stuff.
          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Originally posted by Andrew Monroe View Post
            And in case anyone was wondering, that new Dwarves album is killer! Much heavier and punk than the last few. Some of the old gang is back, like Rex Everything, Sgt. Saltpeter, Vadge Moore, as well as the awesomely named Hunter Down and Fresh Prince of Darkness.

Edited to add - don't listen if you are easily offended.

Double edit - I now know that Dwarves album is not that new, been kind of out of the loop on punk and such. Steady diet of death metal will do that to you, haha.
            The Dwarves are so weird, I absolutely love the Blood, Guts, and Pussy album. Young and Good Looking has so many great tracks, but then has that Blinkish pop stuff that I can't stand. Glad to hear they might have made a return.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mark Tolch View Post

The Dwarves are so weird, I absolutely love the Blood, Guts, and Pussy album. Young and Good Looking has so many great tracks, but then has that Blinkish pop stuff that I can't stand. Glad to hear they might have made a return.
              Blood Guts and Pussy and Thank Heaven For Little Girls are absolutely killer. Sugar Fix is pretty good too. They fell way off with the Epiitagh albums . Way too poppy. Take Back The Night is way heavier than the last few. Check it out!
              I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Comment

• I will for sure, Andrew, thanks!

Comment

• Went to a record show with a friend this morning and grabbed....

Ira & Charles Louvin - S/T
                  Mad Daddys - Music For Men (produced by Lux & Ivy)
                  Jack Starr - Born Petrified
                  Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Love and Rockets - Self Titled (vinyl reissue)
                    Revolting Cocks - Beers Steers and Queers (vinyl reissue, so happy they reissued this!)
                    Wire - Pink Flag (no idea why I didn't have this in my collection, prior)

Comment

• SUNNY Fruits - "SWEETS" CD single (5 tracks)

Comment

• I ordered the UNITED BLOOD - Extended sessions and a double Pogues record that come out on Record Store Day. I don't usually bother with RSD titles, but the AF release is cool, and the Pogues LPs collect all of the B-sides (that appeared as bonus tracks on the remastered CDs) of their Stiff releases. Will be nice to have all of those in one collection.

Comment

• A couple of new rekkids...

The Brought Low - Right On Time
                          Sweet Diesel - The Kids Are Dead
                          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• I just bought the Pink Floyd at Wembley Pool record. That Dark Side of the Moon box set is nice, but although I'm a huge fan; I'm not like a 400 dollar fan.

Comment

• Will be getting my digital copy of Breanna Barbara's latest album on Bandcamp next week as soon as some $$$ comes in :):)
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	a1945347920_65.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	122.3 KB
ID:	411676

Comment

• Hit up Princeton Record Exchange in the great state of NJ on Saturday with some friends and grabbed...

Dust - S/T
                                Dust - Hard Attack
                                Templars - Dans Les Catacombs De Studio de L'acre 1993-1999
                                Curits Knight With Zeus - Sea Of Time
                                Miles Davis - Jack Johnson
                                Johnny Bond - A Lotta Rock N Roll
                                Night Birds - Mutiny At Muscle Beach

And on CD I grabbed The Complete Stax Singles Vol. 1 1959-1968 boxed set.
                                Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Working...
                                X