What'd you get, music wise?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mark Tolch View Post
    When signed Dayglo records are worth a fortune, you'll have a hell of a time getting that authenticated haha. Can't believe he signed it in that corner.
    Yeah, it's illegible, but it's still rad.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Motorhead - Stone Deaf Forever

I'm a sucker for a good box set and found a new sealed copy that was a really decent price.
      I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

• Went record shopping with a friend on Saturday and picked these up:

Curtis Knight - Down In The Village
        Ennio Morricone - The Professional Soundtrack
        Josefus - Dead Man
        Booker T & The MG's - Melting Pot
        The Impressions - This Is My Country
        Serge Gainsbourg - La Chanson De Prevert

I'd been looking for that Curtis Knight album for the better part of 5 years, it's pretty tough to find and I literally 'squeed!' in the store when I saw it.
        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• KISS - s/t
          KMFDM - Agogo
          Kraftwerk - Autobahn
          Coil - The Ape of Naples
          Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

• Slade - All The World Is A Stage boxed set.
            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
              Slade - All The World Is A Stage boxed set.
              That one looks good. I'd get it if it weren't for the 30-odd CD backlog I need to get through. If it's not limited I'll get it sometime.

Comment

• I finally received Laura Jane Grace’s At War With The Silverfish 10” this week, a lonnnngggg time after it went up for preorder. Also got the companion book (None Of Us Ashes) for Ezra Furman’s new album All Of Us Flames last weekend (the lp is due out 9/23).

Finally, I think I never got around to sharing this incident that happened on 8/25 to me:
                Attached Files

Comment

• I met her a few years back at Rough Trade in Brooklyn, she couldn't have been nicer.

And Agent, I don't think that Slade set is limited. Got the chance to listen through it this weekend, it's worth getting.

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Yeah, she was totally cool and genuine. We connected over some things and she was really into that (some Chicago related).

Comment

• It was pretty neat getting to see Laura’s head tattoo close too (I tried not to stare haha).

Comment

• Slade - The Live Anthology (Slade Alive!/Slade Alive Vol. Two/Slade on Stage/Alive at Reading '80)

Being a cheapskate I thought I'd get this instead of the new box set as it was only £11.99.

Blue Oyster Cult - Tyranny and Mutation/Secret Treaties/Cultosaurus Erectus/Fire of Unknown Origin/The Revolution by Night

Comment

• Got the Pink Floyd 2018 remix of Animals; the package with the record, CD and blu-ray with the 5.1 Guthrie mix on it.

I've heard a lot of remixed/remastered albums that have come out in the past few years that I thought I would need, until I heard them. This new stereo mix of Animals is mind-blowingly good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mark Tolch View Post
                            Got the Pink Floyd 2018 remix of Animals; the package with the record, CD and blu-ray with the 5.1 Guthrie mix on it.

I've heard a lot of remixed/remastered albums that have come out in the past few years that I thought I would need, until I heard them. This new stereo mix of Animals is mind-blowingly good.
                            The new remix popped up on Spotify which I'm sure doesn't sound nearly as good as the 5.1 Blu-ray, but it is really clean and clear sounding. I might pick up the 5.1 at some point after hearing it.
                            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post

The new remix popped up on Spotify which I'm sure doesn't sound nearly as good as the 5.1 Blu-ray, but it is really clean and clear sounding. I might pick up the 5.1 at some point after hearing it.
                              The 5.1 is awesome. The remix is how remixes should be. It sounds way cleaner than the original did, especially the muddy muddy drums. It's my favourite Floyd album, and I'm pretty pleased.

Comment

• Found some weird CDs used:

King Kong - Breeding Ground
                                Kid606 - Down with the Scene
                                Clarence Carter - Dr. C.C. (this is fucking horrible. Really bad and hilariously dated)
                                Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

Working...
                                X