What'd you get, music wise?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Darcy Parker View Post
    I am so tempted to go down the rabbit hole of collecting The Prodigy vinyl, but I know it would kill me.
    Yeah, I go pretty light on Prodigy. I have this one and Jilted Generation, and that's enough for me. I have Fat of the Land on CD and didn't bother other than that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mark Tolch View Post
      Yeah, I go pretty light on Prodigy. I have this one and Jilted Generation, and that's enough for me. I have Fat of the Land on CD and didn't bother other than that.
      The Vinyl edition of Their Law: The Singles is worth it for a sampling of their big ones up to 2005, and it includes some good remixes.

I am hoping that Liam can bring himself to put together the box set he was talking about doing around the time of The Day is My Enemy, but he was understandably hit very hard by Keith Flint's suicide and put all things related to The Prodigy on hold. I think the only thing released since then was a remix of Breathe done bj a French DJ that the released as a digital single.
      Darcy Parker
      Last edited by Darcy Parker; 12-28-2021, 07:35 PM.

Comment

The Vinyl edition of Their Law: The Singles is worth it for a sampling of their big ones up to 2005, and it includes some good remixes.

I am hoping that Liam can bring himself to put together the box set he was talking about doing around the time of The Day is My Enemy, but he was understandably hit very hard by Keith Flint's suicide and put all things Related to The Prodigy on hold. I think the only thing released since then was a remix of Breathe done bj a French DJ that the released as a digital single.
        I do like some of the remixes on Their Law, especially the Pendulum remix of Voodoo People. If it comes around cheap enough, I'll grab it.

Comment

I do like some of the remixes on Their Law, especially the Pendulum remix of Voodoo People. If it comes around cheap enough, I'll grab it.
          Check the Prodigy website shop for deals on their vinyl, and some exclusive bonuses and expanded versions, like 3-LP versions if sets that are usually 2-LP.

Look up the video for the Pendulum remix of Voodoo People, it's really cool. Fun bit of trivia, the woman who wins the race n the video is Sharkey, one of the dancers originally, she left the group when she got pregnant with her first kid. Also, the starter for the race is Keith Flint.
          Darcy Parker
          Last edited by Darcy Parker; 12-28-2021, 07:35 PM.

Comment

Check the Prodigy website shop for deals on their vinyl, and som exclusive bonuses and expanded versions, like 3-LP versions if sets that are usually 2-LP.

Look up the video for the Pendulum remix of Voodoo People, it's really cool. Fun bit of trivia, the woman who wins the race n the video is Sharkey, one of the dancers originally, she left the group when she got pregnant with her first kid. Also, the starter for the race is Keith Flint.
            I'll check that video out, cheers. I get my records through a friend of mine who is a distributor (I still go record shopping, but for the stuff I know is gonna cost a fortune, getting it at cost works for me), but I'll keep an eye on that site.

Comment

I'll check that video out, cheers. I get my records through a friend of mine who is a distributor (I still go record shopping, but for the stuff I know is gonna cost a fortune, getting it at cost works for me), but I'll keep an eye on that site.
              The reason I recommend the band's shop site is for the oddball stuff they bring out only through the site. Their pricing is really good, I got a toque direct from them before they even had a warehouse in North America, and it was cheaper than buying a band toque at a record store or Hot Topic, including being shipped from the UK. They even do some bespoke vinyl, prints and apparel in quantities of 50 or less that they only sell direct, like a killer monochrome replica of the sweater Flint wore in the Firestarter video.

Yes, I am a huge Prodigy fan.

Comment

• Birthday Party - Junkyard CD
                Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Magical Girl Momorin (Momo Aoshima):
                  “Magical Princess Smile! Momorin” (February 2019) CD Single: 2 tracks

Michinoku Sendai ORI☆HIMETAI:
                  “Papa ~Sunaoninarenakute~ Just the way you are” (October 28, 2012) CD Single: 3 tracks
                  “Kimi ni Todoku Kaze ni Nare” & “Takara Mono” (“Important Thing”) (March 16, 2014) CD Single: 5 tracks
                  “Welcome to Japan 2020” (December 3, 2019) CD Album: 8 tracks

What I didn't get was “Christmas Kiss” CD Single and “Lyashi..” (“Healing..”) DVD, both by Michinoku Sendai ORI☆HIMETAI. The reason is because someone at the proxy service I used, White Rabbit Express, screwed up and gave the seller my U.S. address instead of WRE's Japanese office address. The seller said "We don't ship to the U.S.", which I already knew, which I why I used WRE in the first place to get these. Now I have to find another proxy service that won't screw up so that I can order these, perhaps in time for Christmas next year.
                  James Reed
                  Last edited by James Reed; 12-28-2021, 09:08 PM.

Comment

• S.O.D. - Speak English or Die
                    Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt H. View Post
                      S.O.D. - Speak English or Die
                      I love this album so damn much. Can't listen to a lot of the lyrics, but this was in my cassette player (and later CD players) more often than I can remember in my teens. Definition of perfection for speed sludge riff's.

Comment

• Originally posted by null View Post

I love this album so damn much. Can't listen to a lot of the lyrics, but this was in my cassette player (and later CD players) more often than I can remember in my teens. Definition of perfection for speed sludge riff's.
                        Great album, but I get the impression that only 3/4 of the band understood the irony.
                        I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

• Originally posted by agent999 View Post

Great album, but I get the impression that only 3/4 of the band understood the irony.
                          Hah! That's an amusingly accurate take.

Comment

• One of my favourite albums just got a new release. Got the black vinyl variant:

Click image for larger version

Name:	blutsabbath.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	60.2 KB
ID:	387310
                            https://www.instagram.com/moviemorpho83/

Oh, not on Cauliflower! Oh, not on Broccoli!

Comment

• Funkadelic - Tales of Kidd Funkadelic
                              Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

• Some new vinyl pick ups from Just Add Water Records.

Jesse Hector - It Ain't Easy
                                John du Cann - The World's Not Big Enough
                                Hector - Bye Bye Bad Days/Lady
                                Hector - Wired Up/Ain't Got Time
                                Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Working...
                                X