What'd you get, music wise?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
    You can get the new album here and pick up a belt buckle while you're at it.
    Got the new album on clear red vinyl, autographed to boot! But no belt buckle, I'm afraid...
    It's not going to suck itself...

Comment

Got BORIS w/MERZBOW today. I like all I've heard from Boris, but it's from an era of Merzbow I'm not really into. I'll bet it'll be pretty nifty, though.

Comment

I like Boris (and was surprised to hear their stuff pop up in Confessions when I watched it) but never got into Merzbrow so much, though I admit I probably didn't really give them much of a chance. Be curious to see what you think of it once you give it a spin.
        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I like Boris (and was surprised to hear their stuff pop up in Confessions when I watched it) but never got into Merzbrow so much, though I admit I probably didn't really give them much of a chance. Be curious to see what you think of it once you give it a spin.
          I really liked it. Only went through it once, but it made a nice soundtrack to a rad day driving into the city. The Merzpearance is pretty limited, but it works well. He kinda does some background noise on the tracks. It's not as upfront as Facialmess' noise in Nikudorei, but I didn't expect it to be similar. 2 CDs of some rad live jams. I normally hate live stuff, but this doesn't really sound live.
          I think an interesting approach to this would've been to have the signal from the instruments split with one going to the board and the other to Merzbow. Then having him mutilate that on the fly and send it out. It would've added some weirdness to it. However, they probably just wanted the screechy fill as an extra instrument, and that worked fine. Totally looking forward to wailing this again tomorrow.

Comment

I am intrigued.
            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Beastie Boys - Hot Sauce Committee Pt 2.

Good stuff.
              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Beastie Boys - Hot Sauce Committee Pt 2.

Good stuff.

Make some NOISE.

I love it. There are a couple of what the fuck tracks on there, but it's about the right length with some solid solid work on it. Nothing that tops ROOT DOWN, their last bestest song, but great nonetheless. Except for the fact that the packaging eats it.

Comment

And, naturally, The Onion nails it.
                  It's not going to suck itself...

Comment

I heard a song from the new album last night. Sounds too much like BECK for my tastes.

Comment

The Damned - Damned Damned Damned 3 disc edition
                      Nomeansno - 0 + 2 = 1
                      Misfits - Famous Monsters
                      Faith No More - Album Of The Year
                      The Fartz - Because This Fuckin' World Still Stinks
                      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

OFF! - Live at Generation Records. Awesome.

Comment

Torche - Songs for Singles EP

Comment

Clutch - Blast Tyrant 2 disc reissue
                            Hives - Venni Vidi Vicious
                            Hives - Tyrannasaurus Hives
                            Carnivore - ST ltd. ed.
                            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

The Dwarves - The Dwarves Are Born Again CD/DVD - for research purposes. :)
                              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Casey View Post
                                Got BORIS w/MERZBOW today. I like all I've heard from Boris, but it's from an era of Merzbow I'm not really into. I'll bet it'll be pretty nifty, though.
                                This has been the soundtrack to the first half of my afternoon. It's pretty awesome to just zone out to. I think my co-workers hate me for it but tough shit. It's pretty great. It would be rad if they worked on more stuff together. I'm not so much a Merzbow guy at all, but their sound mixes with Boris' in interesting ways.
                                Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Working...
                                X