• Pretty sure it is the original mix.

ALso got 3 CDs from the thrift for a total of 1.68

Joy Division-Closer
    A-F Records vol 3
    Flaming Lips-The Soft Bulletin

Comment

• Originally posted by Newt Cox View Post
      Pretty sure it is the original mix.
      Nice. Sometimes the artist should not be trusted with their own work. Saw the Stooges in 2012 (with James Williamson), Iggy looked like he was having such a good time it was infectious. I'm sure the chaos of those original gigs was amazing but this is one reunion I couldn't begrudge, they deserved it.
      I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

• Originally posted by agent999 View Post
        Saw the Stooges in 2012 (with James Williamson), Iggy looked like he was having such a good time it was infectious. I'm sure the chaos of those original gigs was amazing but this is one reunion I couldn't begrudge, they deserved it.
        Definitely jealous of that. Missed the Stooges reunion, but i did catch Iggy solo at Hammerjacks a coupl'a times back in the 90's. Pretty sure that man was born to be on stage.

Comment

• Original mix is definitely the way to go. That album was such a clusterfuck recording, it's amazing that it turned out as good as it did.

I was lucky enough to see the original Stooges lineup in 2007 in Detroit (with Mike Watt on bass), and then in Toronto with James Williamson. Amazing live band, Iggy is fucking great.

Comment

• I've got both mixes on CD but agree the original is the way to go.

Never did get to see them live, but seeing Iggy come out and perform with Jane Birkin (the last concert I went to before Covid hit) was pretty fucking rad even if he was doing Serge Gainsbourg covers and not Stooges material.
            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• That would be pretty damn cool.

Comment

• Mix Master Mike - Anti-Theft Device
                Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

• Momo Aoshima - "I'll try ~Until it arrives~" / Lei - "11 year old pinky promise" 'split' CD single (Momo and Lei are the same person and everyone knows Momo does not have a twin sister, but let's not spoil the fun!)
                  Momo Aoshima - "Kokoro no Time Capsule" / Lei - "Farewell!" 'split' CD single
                  Reika Nishikawa - "Nouvel Instrument" 4 track CD
                  Reika Nishikawa - "Smile in the Wind" CD single
                  Jumping Kiss - "Houkago Lip" CD single - J and K covers (two different covers, same CD - yes, I'm a completist)
                  Jumping Kiss - "Koi wa Ameagari ni Makasete" CD single
                  Rabi Rabu IDOL School - "Rabi Rabu IDOL School Song" CD single

Plus trading cards and photos. Some of my merch was autographed and personalized!!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Japanese Idol Merchandise 3 (September 2, 2021).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	4.00 MB
ID:	360519

Comment

• Fluffy Star - "STEP UP" CD single

Comment

• Nine Pound Hammer - When The Shit Goes Down
                      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Bongzilla - Weedsconsin
                        Fleet Foxes - s/t
                        Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

• Nick Cave And The Bad Seeds - B-Sides And Rarities II
                          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
                            Nick Cave And The Bad Seeds - B-Sides And Rarities II
                            I didn't even know there was a volume 2. I know these things tend to be hit and miss by their nature, but is it more good than bad?

Comment

• Originally posted by agent999 View Post
                              I didn't even know there was a volume 2. I know these things tend to be hit and miss by their nature, but is it more good than bad?
                              I really enjoyed the first volume. This one is, not surprisingly, more recent material, so it's mellower and what not, but if you dig the last 5 albums or so, you'll dig this (I've only listened to it once and I find most Bad Seeds material needs a few listens before it clicks for me).
                              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Cheers, I should be good as long as it's not full of songs like That's what jazz is to me...

Comment

Working...
                                X