What'd you get, music wise?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by chad View Post
    I picked up a 45 by a local band called The Me-Thinks at the Supersuckers show last week.
    Diggin' them on Spotify right now based on your recommendation. Pretty solid.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Tom Waits - Bad As Me
      Cobra Skulls - Agitations (to replace a pre-order that went MIA in the mail!)
      SFH - From The Dumpster To The Grave
      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• I got the new Beastie Boys from the library. Fuck, this is fucking garbage. I couldn't even find songs to put on my iPod. Stop making CDs, old dudes! You can't rhyme anymore.

"My style is iller than the goblins in Troll 2" is no "Dirty Mary, Crazy Larry on the run from Dirty Harry"

Just stop.
        Now everyone can have a complete KRULL lifestyle.

Comment

• Originally posted by Toyboy View Post
          "My style is iller than the goblins in Troll 2"
          I thought you were making that up so I Googled it. Fuck, what a bunch of twirps.

Comment

• I was all excited for that album when it came out and I liked it for a day or two and then realized afterwards that I actually only like about three songs on it.
            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Serge Gainsbourg - L'Historie De Melodie Nelson (3 disc 40th Anniversary Edition)

SOOOOO FUCKING RAD.
              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Downloaded the 40th Anniversary Edition of Aqualung. Sounds great.
                "The popcorn you're eating has been pissed in. Film at 11".

Comment

• Employer, Employee - Discography

I've been waiting for this for years (well, specifically the rerelease of [SIC]) and totally almost didn't buy it because it's an LP. Just put the shit out on a cd, motherfuckers. Oh well, I'll get around to ripping it eventually.

Comment

• The Cramps - File Under Sacred Music
                    Nomeansno - The Worldhood of the World (As Such)
                    DOA - Something Better Change
                    Serge Gainsbourg - Couleur Cafe
                    Serge Gainsbourg - Du Jazz Dans Le Ravin
                    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Originally posted by Toyboy View Post
                      I got the new Beastie Boys from the library. Fuck, this is fucking garbage. I couldn't even find songs to put on my iPod. Stop making CDs, old dudes! You can't rhyme anymore.

"My style is iller than the goblins in Troll 2" is no "Dirty Mary, Crazy Larry on the run from Dirty Harry"

Just stop.
                      I agree they're fuckin dogshit, they're like the new Phish or something. They should make a fucken ska record or something.

I'm going to see Shabazz Palaces next week.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
                        Nomeansno - The Worldhood of the World (As Such)
                        This is a freakin' great album. I'm reminded an incident back in the Fall of '06 -- in Seattle to see Scratch Acid and after the show we retired to a buddy's house for some post-concert drinkin' and smokin' activities. I was raving about how Sims/Washam were the greatest rhythm section in the history of 'punk rock' and then my friend goes and slaps this NoMeansNo CD on and I just kinda went.....oh, nevermind.

Unfortunately, even though the band is headquartered so close to my hometown, they rarely travel to Spokane. The last time I saw them was over in Seattle way back in Feb. of '99 (with The Hell Worms opening!). That show blew my brain right out into the cosmosphere.

Comment

• I have, sadly, never seen Nomeansno live. This is something I intend to correct... as soon as they come anywhere within a few hours of me.
                          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• A visit to some music stores today:

M83. "Hurry up, we're dreaming"
                            Klaus Schulze "Moondawn"
                            Aretha Franklin "the tender... the moving... the swinging"
                            Aretha Franklin "Soft and Beautiful"
                            Cults "Cults"
                            www.cinemasewer.com

Comment

• Used some gift cards to download the following remastered albums (my cds are from the 80's):
                              Jethro Tull-Warchild/Stormwatch
                              The Who-By Numbers
                              "The popcorn you're eating has been pissed in. Film at 11".

Comment

• Poison Idea - Darby Crash Rides Again The Early Years
                                Serge Gainsbourg - L'homme A Tete De Chou
                                Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Working...
                                X