X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    James Reed

• James Reed
    replied
    SUNNY Fruits - "SWEETS" CD single (5 tracks)

Leave a comment:

• Mark Tolch

• Mark Tolch
    replied
    Love and Rockets - Self Titled (vinyl reissue)
    Revolting Cocks - Beers Steers and Queers (vinyl reissue, so happy they reissued this!)
    Wire - Pink Flag (no idea why I didn't have this in my collection, prior)

Leave a comment:

• Ian Jane
    Administrator

• Ian Jane
    replied
    Went to a record show with a friend this morning and grabbed....

Ira & Charles Louvin - S/T
    Mad Daddys - Music For Men (produced by Lux & Ivy)
    Jack Starr - Born Petrified

Leave a comment:

• Mark Tolch

• Mark Tolch
    replied
    I will for sure, Andrew, thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Andrew Monroe
    Pallid Hands

• Andrew Monroe
    replied
    Originally posted by Mark Tolch View Post

The Dwarves are so weird, I absolutely love the Blood, Guts, and Pussy album. Young and Good Looking has so many great tracks, but then has that Blinkish pop stuff that I can't stand. Glad to hear they might have made a return.
    Blood Guts and Pussy and Thank Heaven For Little Girls are absolutely killer. Sugar Fix is pretty good too. They fell way off with the Epiitagh albums . Way too poppy. Take Back The Night is way heavier than the last few. Check it out!

Leave a comment:

• Mark Tolch

• Mark Tolch
    replied
    Originally posted by Andrew Monroe View Post
    And in case anyone was wondering, that new Dwarves album is killer! Much heavier and punk than the last few. Some of the old gang is back, like Rex Everything, Sgt. Saltpeter, Vadge Moore, as well as the awesomely named Hunter Down and Fresh Prince of Darkness.

Edited to add - don't listen if you are easily offended.

Double edit - I now know that Dwarves album is not that new, been kind of out of the loop on punk and such. Steady diet of death metal will do that to you, haha.
    The Dwarves are so weird, I absolutely love the Blood, Guts, and Pussy album. Young and Good Looking has so many great tracks, but then has that Blinkish pop stuff that I can't stand. Glad to hear they might have made a return.

Leave a comment:

• Ian Jane
    Administrator

• Ian Jane
    replied
    Nader Sader - In The Flesh

For some reason, a block down from where we live, there was a table set up on the sidewalk with a stack of like 50 copies of this record on vinyl with a sign that said 'free music, take one!' so I did.

It's pretty solid death/grind/black metal stuff.

Leave a comment:

• Andrew Monroe
    Pallid Hands

• Andrew Monroe
    replied
    Fortnox - s/t Got the Rock Candy reissue of this.

Anyone into traditional, classic metal should check them out.

Leave a comment:

• Matt H.

• Matt H.
    replied
    Dead Cross - II

Leave a comment:

• Ian Jane
    Administrator

• Ian Jane
    replied
    Originally posted by Andrew Monroe View Post

They kick massive ass! They were such a good band back in those days. Walkin' the Dog is a real standout. Sound is a bit rough but still very listenable. Aerosmith was a real gateway band for me - leading to much heavier stuff. Those early albums still hold up well.
    They were the same for me, definitely a huge gateway band that.... well, they fell from grace pretty damn hard but the early stuff, like you say, it's still killer.

Leave a comment:

• Andrew Monroe
    Pallid Hands

• Andrew Monroe
    replied
    And in case anyone was wondering, that new Dwarves album is killer! Much heavier and punk than the last few. Some of the old gang is back, like Rex Everything, Sgt. Saltpeter, Vadge Moore, as well as the awesomely named Hunter Down and Fresh Prince of Darkness.

Edited to add - don't listen if you are easily offended.

Double edit - I now know that Dwarves album is not that new, been kind of out of the loop on punk and such. Steady diet of death metal will do that to you, haha.
    Andrew Monroe
    Pallid Hands
    Last edited by Andrew Monroe; 12-27-2022, 11:56 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Andrew Monroe
    Pallid Hands

• Andrew Monroe
    replied
    Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
    That's a rad score for free. How are the early Aerosmith demos?
    They kick massive ass! They were such a good band back in those days. Walkin' the Dog is a real standout. Sound is a bit rough but still very listenable. Aerosmith was a real gateway band for me - leading to much heavier stuff. Those early albums still hold up well.

Leave a comment:

• Spaghetti Monkey

• Spaghetti Monkey
    replied
    Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
    How are the early Aerosmith demos?
    Curious about that one too.

Leave a comment:

• Ian Jane
    Administrator

• Ian Jane
    replied
    That's a rad score for free. How are the early Aerosmith demos?

Leave a comment:

• Andrew Monroe
    Pallid Hands

• Andrew Monroe
    replied
    My best friend gave me some cool cds today.

Dwarves - Take Back The Night (as it says on the sticker - New Fucking Album)
    NOFX - The Longest EP (Comp of EP tracks from 1987 - 2009)
    Aerosmith - The Road Starts Hear (spelling is correct) demos from the early years
    Thin Lizzy - The Boys Are Back in Town 2 dvds and cd Live From The Sydney Opera House 1978 and also Phil Lynott - Songs For While I'm Away documentary.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X