No announcement yet.

What'd you get, music wise?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• COIL - Scatology (vinyl, Force and Form / K.422)

Comment

• Originally posted by paul h. View Post
      COIL - Scatology (vinyl, Force and Form / K.422)
      What did you pay for it?
      I bought this when it was first released around 84 but sold it in the 90's :(

About shitty vinyl...I tried getting a copy of GHOST BC's INFESTIWHATEVER...
      After 3 warped records I gave up.

Comment

• Voivod - To the Death 84
        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Originally posted by Koukol View Post
          What did you pay for it?
          I bought this when it was first released around 84 but sold it in the 90's :(
          It was $19.99 USD plus tax (new/sealed) at my local End Of An Ear record shoppe down the street from me in Austin , TX. It's a recent repress (I think). Noncritical initial assessment is that it sounds pretty good, but I've never heard the original vinyl, so what do I know? I've been cleaning the house and not entirely focused on the musical elements at work here.

Comment

It was $19.99 USD plus tax (new/sealed) at my local End Of An Ear record shoppe down the street from me in Austin , TX. It's a recent repress (I think). Noncritical initial assessment is that it sounds pretty good, but I've never heard the original vinyl, so what do I know? I've been cleaning the house and not entirely focused on the musical elements at work here.
            Great price.
            I can't imagine it sounding any different than the first press....unless it was pressed in a different factory.

I really regret selling off half my vinyl when CDs were invented.
            I was a music junkie looking for cash anywhere for the next fix...unfortunately my collection was a victim.
            I still don't know what some of the stuff I had was...I just have vague recollections.

I had a lot of the Industrial pioneers like Mark Stewart And The Mafia and Cabaret Voltaire.
            The MSatM album I had had one of those hypnotizing swirl labels where you'd stare at it for about 30 seconds then when you looked at things around the room they'd morph. :)

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	a157c317241163438127ad1a75675f08.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	30.9 KB
ID:	349501

Comment

So, for my birthday I got a bunch of the recent COIL releases from Threshold Archives (CD in cardboard sleeve):

The Anal Staircase
                Consequences of Raising Hell
                Panic
                Wrong Eye
                Windowpane
                Wheel
                The Angelic Conversation
                Snow

I'm not sure what's going on, but I just checked over at Amazon and these have gone up from 11.98 each the other week to 28.97 and up. I know there are some who were trying to stop these from being released, saying that these are not genuine since the two primary members of the band are deceased.
                I saw these on the Forced Exposure site last month and was super jazzed, I went back to order them 2 weeks ago and they were all gone, wonder what the hell's going on there
                "I don't eat at taco joints unless there's a lawn care truck parked out front" - me

Comment

• Haven't really bought much lately, between the holidays and buying a house there ain't as much record money as there used to be

John Fahey - Christmas Guitar lp
                  Black Channels - Two Knocks For Yes cassette

Black Channels are one of my favorite new groups, so far they've only put out a 10" and this tape, I advise y'all to check these motherfuckers out

"I don't eat at taco joints unless there's a lawn care truck parked out front" - me

Comment

• Black Belly of the Tarantula (Morricone) LP (Death Waltz)
                    All the Colours of the Dark (Nicolai) LP (Finders Keepers)
                    Lalala76
                    Last edited by Lalala76; 12-13-2015, 08:22 AM.

Comment

• BLOODY MOON (3LP) Private Records

Comment

• Dayglo Abortions - Corporate Whores
                        Dayglo Abortions - Death Race 2000
                        Exciter - ST
                        Exciter - New Testament
                        Supersuckers - The Smoke Of Hell
                        The Queers - Munki Brain
                        Leftover Crack - Constructs Of The State
                        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• It won't get here until next week, at which point I'll be traveling for work and not online as much, but I ordered the reissue of the Dayglo Abortions' Out Of The Womb on vinyl, completing my collection save for the Stupid World, Stupid Songs compilation (I have everything on it already).
                          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Picked up Li Jianhong's CLASSIC OF THE MOUNTAIN AND SEAS (P.S.F. D-187) & a friend gave me a copy of SAN SHENG SHI.

Comment

• Originally posted by chad View Post
                              I saw these on the Forced Exposure site last month and was super jazzed, I went back to order them 2 weeks ago and they were all gone, wonder what the hell's going on there
                              Those Threshold Archives cds are even more expensive on Discogs, ranging from $26-50.

I read something about all of these reissues being bootlegs. There are disputes over who exactly owns the rights to their work.

This is one of my favorite Coil songs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpjYcctqldI

Comment

COIL - Scatology (vinyl, Force and Form / K.422)
                                Coil first 3 records are my favorites. I have the original first pressing of "Scatology" with the color photo on the cover. The remastered cd reissues of the first two full-lengths that were authorized by PC/JB are well-worth owning, too. They sound incredible!

Comment

Working...
                                X