• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    Vincent Dawn Jr

• Vincent Dawn Jr
    replied
    Originally posted by agent999 View Post

But how much more cash does Neil Young need?! There are some acts that use their loyal fans like an ATM.
    Shit man, that's like the eternal question -- "How much money does a person need?"

I get your point though. Young's been at it, and quite commercially successful, for some time now. I'd imagine he's got to be financially comfortable, unless there has been some serious mismanagement of funds. I know he partied pretty hard back in the day, so maybe it went up his nose? Plus he has a few kids, two of whom I believe are special needs children, a few ex-wives he probably subsidizes. Management gets a cut, etc, etc. I seriously wonder what his take home pay is for each CD or vinyl album sold?

I've never been a fan of their music, but I respect the ideology of Fugazi in regards to their fanbase and their approach towards business.

Leave a comment:

• agent999

• agent999
    replied
    Originally posted by Vincent Dawn Jr View Post

Or just ask Santa Claus, if you've been nice this year.
    But how much more cash does Neil Young need?! There are some acts that use their loyal fans like an ATM.

Leave a comment:

• Vincent Dawn Jr

• Vincent Dawn Jr
    replied

Yes, thankfully it's fine, cleaned it with some isopropyl alcohol but it has some pretty nasty scratches that wouldn't buff out. My two favourites are Love it to Death and Killer, with Babies a close third.

I was going to get Neil Young's Chrome Dreams, but the price of that disc is pure extortion, especially as so much of it has been available over the years. Maybe there'll be a Black Friday deal.
    Or just ask Santa Claus, if you've been nice this year.

Leave a comment:

• agent999

• agent999
    replied
    Originally posted by Vincent Dawn Jr View Post

Does the disc still play OK? I had that happen once many many years ago with a Neil Young CD (I think it was Year Of The Horse). New disc with some kind of schmootz on it that messed it up. Went back to the brick and mortar store and got a new copy.

Those early Alice Cooper group albums they did with Bob Ezrin are amazing. Toss up for me between Killer and Billion Dollar Babies for my favorite. "Halo of FLYYYYYSSSSSS!!!!!"
    Yes, thankfully it's fine, cleaned it with some isopropyl alcohol but it has some pretty nasty scratches that wouldn't buff out. My two favourites are Love it to Death and Killer, with Babies a close third.

I was going to get Neil Young's Chrome Dreams, but the price of that disc is pure extortion, especially as so much of it has been available over the years. Maybe there'll be a Black Friday deal.

Leave a comment:

• Vincent Dawn Jr

• Vincent Dawn Jr
    replied
    Got the expanded CD remasters of Killer and School's Out by Alice Cooper. They sound great, but I'm sick of cardboard packaging for CDs. They were both sealed with the hype stickers on, but disc one of Killer looked like someone in the factory in Germany had chopped and snorted a fat line of coke off of it. Fuck Greta, I want plastic CD cases that machines can put the discs into, not some ham-fisted moron who dropped the disc on the factory floor. I'm sick of music and films is 'special' packaging that are prone to getting damaged in transit or require some scabies-ridden human to manipulate.
    Does the disc still play OK? I had that happen once many many years ago with a Neil Young CD (I think it was Year Of The Horse). New disc with some kind of schmootz on it that messed it up. Went back to the brick and mortar store and got a new copy.

Those early Alice Cooper group albums they did with Bob Ezrin are amazing. Toss up for me between Killer and Billion Dollar Babies for my favorite. "Halo of FLYYYYYSSSSSS!!!!!"

Leave a comment:

• agent999

• agent999
    replied
    Got the expanded CD remasters of Killer and School's Out by Alice Cooper. They sound great, but I'm sick of cardboard packaging for CDs. They were both sealed with the hype stickers on, but disc one of Killer looked like someone in the factory in Germany had chopped and snorted a fat line of coke off of it. Fuck Greta, I want plastic CD cases that machines can put the discs into, not some ham-fisted moron who dropped the disc on the factory floor. I'm sick of music and films is 'special' packaging that are prone to getting damaged in transit or require some scabies-ridden human to manipulate.

Leave a comment:

• Matt H.

• Matt H.
    replied
    They're exactly what I want in a punk band. Stations of the Crass is extraordinary in that it's an 80 minute punk album that somehow never gets boring.

Leave a comment:

• Ian Jane
    Administrator

• Ian Jane
    replied
    I went through a Crass phase a few years ago and grabbed most of their output on CD pretty affordably.

No regrets.

Leave a comment:

• Matt H.

• Matt H.
    replied
    Crass - Best Before 1984

Leave a comment:

• Matt H.

• Matt H.
    replied
    Crass - The Feeding of the 5000

Leave a comment:

• Matt H.

• Matt H.
    replied
    Kraftwerk - Trans Europa Express

Leave a comment:

• Matt H.

• Matt H.
    replied
    Kraftwerk - Computer World

Leave a comment:

• Matt H.

• Matt H.
    replied
    Neil Young - American Stars 'n Bars
    Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Show Your Bones

Leave a comment:

• Ian Jane
    Administrator

• Ian Jane
    replied
    Spider - Bathe The Babes In Bats Blood Vinyl

Leave a comment:

• Ian Jane
    Administrator

• Ian Jane
    replied
    Picked up some rad old country vinyl on vacation last week.

Dick Curless - Live At The Wheeling Truck Drivers Jamboree (this album is pretty killer)
    Hal Lone Pine - Coast Of Maine And Other Favorites
    Smiley Bates - House Of Shame
    Country Fever Featuring Murray Gartshore And Gary Bristow (no idea who these guys are but they can play!)
    Grandpa Jones - Strictly Country Tunes
    Buck Owens And His Buckaroos - If You Ain't Lovin'

Leave a comment:

Working...
X