What'd you get, music wise?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Roderick View Post
    That hammer looks ridiculous. Ridiculously awesome. And to top it off it's resting next to the excellent In Search Of complete series box. Well done on all counts.
    It is ridiculous. Absurd, even.

But oh so....

METAL. And the album ain't bad either.

MANOWAR wish they could still come up with shit like this but they are too busy sucking.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	01_334_039081-2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	18.6 KB
ID:	343492
      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Masayuki Takayanagi - GINPARIS SESSION June 26, 1963 (Three Blind Mice)

Masayuki Takayanagi + Kaoru Abe - CREATIVE DESTRUCTION (DIW 414)

Kaoru Abe - THE LAST RECORDINGS (DIW 458)

Archie Shepp - THE MAGIC OF JU-JU (Impulse)

Comment

• Picked up a few used CDs from the excellent World Arbiter label...

JAPANESE TRADITIONAL MUSIC - Shamisen & Songs Kokusai Bunka Shinkokai 1941

JAPANESE TRADITIONAL MUSIC - Gagaku Buddhist Chant 1941

JAPANESE TRADITIONAL MUSIC - Noh Biwa Shakuhachi 1941

JAPANESE TRADITIONAL MUSIC - Koto & Shamisen 1941

DANCERS OF BALI - Gamelan of Peliatan 1952

Comment

• The Birthday Party - Junk Yard (remaster)

Thee Oh Sees - Floating Coffin

Charles Mingus - Mingus Ah Um

Comment

• Lord Dying- Dreams of Mercy

Comment

• Druglords Of The Avenues - New Drugs
                The Vibrators - Greatest Punk Hits (which is mostly later recordings of early songs and kind of weird)
                Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• The mood struck me last week, so I picked up the first B-52s album on vinyl. I like their first 2 albums, and that's about it for me. I don't know why their stuff after that doesn't do it for me.

Comment

• Kraut - Complete Studio Recordings 1981 - 1986
                    Cabaret Voltaire - The Living Legends

Comment

• Steely Dan - Aja
                      Steely Dan - Katy Lied
                      James Taylor - Gorilla
                      Warren Zevon - Learning To Flinch

Comment

• Lee "Scratch" Perry & the Upsetters - Ape-O-logy.

Comment

• The New Bomb Turks - Tapeworm Blues: The 1992 Columbus Demos

Crypt released this to go hand in hand with the remastered 20th anniversary lp of Destroy-Oh-Boy!, I would love to read the linear notes for that release but I'm perfectly happy with my old pressing.

Also, waiting on the new Dirtbombs lp to show up
                          "I don't eat at taco joints unless there's a lawn care truck parked out front" - me

Comment

• A couple of SHUJI INABA titles: YOENZANGE & THE RAPTURE OF BEING DESTROYED IS THE FLIPSIDE OF THE MISERY OF DESTRUCTION & SITAAR-TAH! Semimimimimimim

Comment

• I've had an Amazon gift card burning a hole in my pocket since Christmas, and since I've been thinking about Blue Oyster Cult lately what with the passing of Allen Lanier, I decided to use it to get the Columbia Albums Collection set. Pretty terrific - you get the recent remastered versions of all the albums, with bonus tracks on many discs. I only had a couple BOC cds, have them all on vinyl. You also get a disc of rarities, another of live stuff, and a 1970s live dvd, plus download codes for more live stuff. Nice booklet too, although the album art is small. I still don't much care for Club Ninja though, heh.
                              I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Comment

• What'd you get, music wise?

Originally posted by Andrew Monroe View Post
                                I've had an Amazon gift card burning a hole in my pocket since Christmas, and since I've been thinking about Blue Oyster Cult lately what with the passing of Allen Lanier, I decided to use it to get the Columbia Albums Collection set. Pretty terrific - you get the recent remastered versions of all the albums, with bonus tracks on many discs. I only had a couple BOC cds, have them all on vinyl. You also get a disc of rarities, another of live stuff, and a 1970s live dvd, plus download codes for more live stuff. Nice booklet too, although the album art is small. I still don't much care for Club Ninja though, heh.
                                I got mine at the 40th anniversary show - probably the last time Allen performed on a stage before his death. The glorious mess that was "Reaper" with all the current and classic lineups all onstage together was something I'll always remember.

Definitely hit those downloads Andrew. Those are some prime BOC shows. I'm not big on most of "Ninja" either but I do really like "Imaginos".

Comment

Working...
                                X