What'd you get, music wise?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Horace Cordier View Post
    I like it. You just have to be prepared for what it is - a loving tribute to classic 70's hard rock like UFO. it's got plenty of metal moments but it is definitely not Steve's prog rock album and doesn't sound like MAIDEN.
    Thanks. I've heard Harris make comparisons to UFO with this album, and of course I know he's a long-time fan - like me, haha. I'm gonna get this asap.
    I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Comment

• Originally posted by X-Ray View Post

Featured in American Horror Story which I've developed a quick affection for.
      TWISTED NERVE is indeed a very cool soundtrack, X-Ray. I have it on cd paired with THE BRIDE WORE BLACK.

Comment

• Morbus Chron - Sleepers In The Rift
        Bastard Priest - Ghouls Of The Endless Night

and...

MISSIONE EROICA/SCUOLA DI LADRI - Bruno Zambrini (freebie from DigitMovies)

Comment

• Behind the butt ugly cover lies a KILLER underground disco LP. 5 stars easily! Picked it up at a flea market for about 3$!

Also picked up one of last year's best albums, Destroyer - Kaputt:

Comment

• Bob Dylan _Tempest
            Frankie Goes To Hollywood_Sex Mix: Archive Tapes and Studio Adventures, Volume One
            Frankie Goes To Hollywood_Welcome To The Pleasuredome
            James Brown_70's Funk Classics

Comment

• Originally posted by Andrew Monroe View Post
              TWISTED NERVE is indeed a very cool soundtrack, X-Ray. I have it on cd paired with THE BRIDE WORE BLACK.
              There's a certain ebay listing right now that I might have some interest in thanks to you. Back off the rest of you, back off. Heh.

Comment

• Originally posted by X-Ray View Post
                There's a certain ebay listing right now that I might have some interest in thanks to you. Back off the rest of you, back off. Heh.
                Haha, I hope you score! Both soundtracks are terrific.

Comment

• Hooded Priest - Devil Worship Reckoning
                  Mordbrand - Necropsychotic
                  V/A - Servants Of Chaos

Comment

• The Psychedelic Aliens - Psycho African Beat

Desert Sessions - desert sessions 9 & 10

Charles Bukowski - 70 Minutes in Hell

Depeche Mode - Violator

David Bowie - Diamond Dogs

Comment

• Originally posted by paul h. View Post

Charles Bukowski - 70 Minutes in Hell
                      Holy crap! This is going for crazy money on amazon. I had no idea. It was just an oddity in the used pile at the local record store. Score!

Comment

• Jimi Hendrix - West Coast Seattle Boy box set (under $30 at Best Buy!)
                        Michael Des Barres - Carnaby Street
                        Dio - The Very Beast Of Vol. 2
                        Kiss - Monster

Comment

• Nevermind the Bollocks, Here's the Sex Pistols - Deluxe Edition (2 disc, not the box)

Comment

• Originally posted by Andrew Monroe View Post
                            Haha, I hope you score! Both soundtracks are terrific.
                            I did, but OUCH! One can only appreciate oop stuff when said one already owns it.

Anyway, this was my favorite release from 2011 - a concept record dedicated to wrestling:

Comment

• Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
                              Jello Biafra & The Guantanamo School Of Medicine - Enahnced Methods Of Questioning
                              I dig that EP much more than their album...still, bought both on vinyl when i saw him.

Just picked up THE TRAVELER by THE MAN FROM RAVCON. Surfy goodness by Mike Brown, who was on the AVM forums. I hadn't seen him on there in awhile, but he is a regular on the Gretsch guitar forum. Mike loves spaghetti westerns and horror, and those influences are probably why I like his tunes so much.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mark Tolch View Post
                                Just picked up THE TRAVELER by THE MAN FROM RAVCON. Surfy goodness by Mike Brown, who was on the AVM forums. I hadn't seen him on there in awhile, but he is a regular on the Gretsch guitar forum. Mike loves spaghetti westerns and horror, and those influences are probably why I like his tunes so much.
                                I remember Mike, lived in Charlotte if I recall correctly. Good fella.

Comment

Working...
                                X