• Ian Jane
    replied
    Rat Scabies has rejoined The Damned!

https://vivelerock.net/blogs/news-1/...ed-permanently

Leave a comment:

• bgart13

• bgart13
    replied
    DARKADELIC - I really dig most of it. Definitely sounds like The Damned of the last 25 years with some touches of classic Damned riffs too.

Also: Dave Vanian's Phantom Chords album is finally getting a vinyl release this summer from Ace Records in the UK. Black from them, purple from Damaged Goods (and limited to 300 or something like that). Double lp, too.

Leave a comment:

• bgart13

• bgart13
    replied
    That's the plan! A friend of mine invited me to tag along with her & her BF to tour with Pegboy in the UK this summer and Rebellion is one of the primary stops (she's been friends with all those guys since before there was a Pegboy). Probably be in the UK for a couple weeks, going to meet up with some friends there too. Should be a total blast, just have to figure out how to pay for it all, lol.
    bgart13
    Last edited by bgart13; 02-14-2023, 12:07 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Mark Tolch

• Mark Tolch
    replied
    Goddam, you're going to Rebellion? Jealous like a motherfucker here. Nice one.

Leave a comment:

• Ian Jane
    Administrator

• Ian Jane
    replied
    Happy to see/hear that Dave Vanian's voice still holds up incredibly well.

I dig that track.

Leave a comment:

• bgart13

• bgart13
    replied
    Sooooo...

I haven't gotten around to buying Night Of A Thousand Vampires yet - but I have listened to some of it on Spotify. Good to hear they didn't really polish up the recording, I didn't notice extra guitar tracks or anything so far.

THEN...

The Damned's new album - Darkadelic - was announced last week. Release date is 4/28. 1st single is "Invisible Man" and I like it quite a bit. They've also announced an impending Euro/UK tour starting in March. On top of all that, they also announced they'll be headlining Rebellion Festival in Blackpool in August -- which I'm intending to be at (which I'll post somewhere else about just cuz...). Cover art by Graham Humphreys, btw.

Click image for larger version

Name:	TheDamned_DARKADELIC_Album+Cover_1080x1080.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	191.2 KB
ID:	409384

Here's the video for "Invisible Man":

Leave a comment:

• bgart13

• bgart13
    replied
    It’s disappointing a bd isn’t included with the vinyl editions, so it’ll be the cd for me. I hope the audio is mixed well. I do wonder if Dave went back to loop in any vox he forgot to sing, haha.

Leave a comment:

• Ian Jane
    Administrator

• Ian Jane
    replied
    Missed that when you first posted it, Ben. I'm probably gonna need that Blu-ray.

Leave a comment:

• bgart13

• bgart13
    replied
    New Damned release news! Their Night Of A Thousand Vampires concert is finally being released as cd/blu combo & vinyl editions. Trailer below:

Leave a comment:

• Ian Jane
    Administrator

• Ian Jane
    replied
    So Captain Sensible fell of the stage and messed himself up at the Toronto show last week. That led to the NYC show being rescheduled.

Just got a press release about this:

THE DAMNED

CAPTAIN SENSIBLE, FEELING NO PAIN, RESUMES 40TH ANNIVERSARY TOUR SITTING ON 'THRONE'

POSTPONED MONTREAL, BOSTON AND NEW YORK SHOWS RESCHEDULED FOR LATER THIS MONTH

THE DAMNED SIGN LABEL DEAL FOR NEW ALBUM IN THE WORKS

For Immediate Release May 8, 2017
    *All Content Cleared for Posting*

Less than a week after Captain Sensible fell offstage at their sold out show in Toronto, resulting in a broken rib, The Damned were forced to postpone three shows this past week, including Montreal, Boston and New York (dates are rescheduled for later this month). On Saturday night, the band made a triumphant return at a sold out Stone Pony in Asbury Park - sitting on a specially built 'throne' created by his bandmates and crew, Captain appeared to be feeling no pain as he blasted through the 90 minute set (plus two encores), confirming that the 40th anniversary tour is definitely back on!

"As movement is a bit awkward currently, I played last night seated, but it all went swimmingly and this epic 40th Anniversary tour is now firmly back on the road. We've played some great venues on the trip... and Asbury Park's Stone Pony is up there with the best of 'em. But I have to say I wish I'd waited till here before backflipping off the stage, as this one was only 3 feet high. D'oh!”
    -Captain Sensible.

The Damned also announce a new label deal with Raw Power Management, the international artist management company, who have signed the legendary band to their label, Search and Destroy, a joint venture with Spinefarm Records/Universal. This new venture will see The Damned release their first new album for nearly ten years on Search and Destroy. The as-yet-unnamed new album will be recorded this summer and is the follow up to, 'So, Who's Paranoid?', which came out in 2008.

Formed in 1976, The Damned really need no introduction… As well as releasing the first ever British punk single and album, they also broke further new ground as the first UK punk act to tour America. Cited as one of the most influential punk groups of all time, they also contributed vastly to the gothic rock genre and influenced an entire generation of future hardcore punk bands such as Black Flag and Bad Brains, with their fast paced energetic playing style and attitude, as well as heavyweights such as Green Day and Guns 'N' Roses (the latter acknowledged the debt when they covered “New Rose” on their 1993 album, 'The Spaghetti Incident'). Along with the Sex Pistols and The Clash, the Damned helped spearhead the punk movement in the UK and they continue to wave the flag for originality, stick two fingers up to mediocrity and celebrate a DIY punk ethos in the face of plastic entertainment and scripted reality, four decades and ten albums later (and still on the road).

The band's hugely influential classic debut single, 'New Rose', celebrated its 40th anniversary last November with a limited edition 7” release via BMG. Featuring original artwork, picture disc and exclusive fold out poster, it's a must have collectable release of one of the most influential records of all time. Their classic debut long-player, 'Damned Damned Damned' (the very first British punk album), was originally released by Stiff Records on February 18th 1977 and, to celebrate the 40th anniversary of the band's dramatic breakthrough, BMG also released a very special Art Of The Album: Deluxe Edition of that incredible debut album on February 17th, almost exactly 40 years to the day since its original issue.

Currently on a world tour, the band's two month North American run began in Los Angeles April 6th, and they also play a series of UK festivals this summer (check the band's website for details). David Vanian, Captain Sensible, Monty Oxymoron, Andrew 'Pinch' Pinching, and Stu West will head back into the studio after the North American dates to start work on a brand new album, their first since 2008's 'So, Who's Paranoid?' A pre-order link for the CD, colored vinyl, as well as exclusive merch (and experiences) is available at PledgeMusic. The band recenly signed to Search & Destroy and will have more details regarding the new record in the coming weeks.

See The Damned live - it will be a night out that you will remember for a very long time..

Remaining Tour Dates for The Damned

Go here to find out about VIP packages including meet and greet, photo opps, and 7" limited edition "New Rose"

May 9 - Baltimore, MD - Sound Stage ^^^
    May 11 - Atlanta, GA - Masquerade/Heaven ^^^
    May 12 - Lake Buena Vista, FL - House Of Blues ^^^
    May 13 - St, Petersburg, FL - State Theater ^^^
    May 14 - Fort Lauderdale, FL - Revolution ^^^
    May 16 - New Orleans, LA - House Of Blues ^^^
    May 17 - Houston, TX - House Of Blues ^^^
    May 18 - Dallas, TX - House Of Blues ^^^
    May 19 - Austin, TX - Mohawk Outdoors ^^^ SOLD OUT
    May 21- Phoenix, AZ - Marquee Theater ^^^
    May 23 - Brooklyn, NY - Warsaw ^^^ (rescheduled date) SOLD OUT
    May 24 - Boston, MA - Paradise Rock Club ^^^ (rescheduled date) SOLD OUT
    May 25 - Montreal, QC - Club Soda ^^^ (rescheduled date)

^^^ w/ The BellRays

Click image for larger version

Name:	magnumpr_captain--1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	74.5 KB
ID:	352322

Photo Credit: Andrea Beck

Leave a comment:

• Ian Jane
    Administrator

• Ian Jane
    replied
    And 2017 tour dates!

April 6 - Los Angeles, CA - Belasco Theater
    April 7 - San Diego, CA - House Of Blues
    April 9 - Las Vegas, NV - House Of Blues
    April 11 - San Francisco, CA - The Fillmore
    April 12 - Sacramento, CA - Ace Of Spades
    April 14 - Portland, OR - Crystal Ballroom
    April 15 - Vancouver, BC - The Commodore
    April 16 - Seattle, WA - The Showbox
    April 18 - Salt Lake City, U - The Depot
    April 19 - Denver, CO - Summit Music Hall
    April 21 - St. Louis, MO - Del Mar Hall
    April 22 - Minneapolis, MN - Fine Line
    April 23 - Chicago, IL - House Of Blues
    April 24 - Louisville, KY - Mercury Ballroom
    April 26 - Indianapolis, IN - Deluxe at Old National Ctr.
    April 27 - Cincinnati, OH - Bogart's
    April 28 - Cleveland, OH - House Of Blues
    April 29 - Detroit, MI - St. Andrews Hall
    April 30 - Toronto, ON - Phoenix Theatre
    May 2 - Montreal, QC - Club Soda
    May 4 - Boston, MA - Paradise Rock Club
    May 5 - Brooklyn, NY - Warsaw
    May 6 - Asbury Park, NJ - Stone Pony
    May 7 - Philadelphia, PA - TLA
    May 9 - Baltimore, MD - Sound Stage
    May 11 - Atlanta, GA - Masquerade/Heaven
    May 12 - Lake Buena Vista, FL - House Of Blues
    May 13 - St, Petersburg, FL - State Theater
    May 14 - Fort Lauderdale, FL - Revolution
    May 16 - New Orleans, LA - House Of Blues
    May 17 - Houston, TX - House Of Blues
    May 18 - Dallas, TX - House Of Blues
    May 19 - Austin, TX - Mohawk Outdoors
    May 21- Phoenix, AZ - Marquee Theater

Leave a comment:

• Tom Clark

• Tom Clark
    replied
    New album next year.

Leave a comment:

• Koukol

• Koukol
    replied
    Ordered the BD from ImportCds last week

For anyone here that doesn't visit the DAMNED Facebook site...
    There's a pledge going right now for a new release of Limited Edition goodies.

Leave a comment:

• Tom Clark

• Tom Clark
    replied
    Good review from Heather Drain: History of The World-The Damned Edition: Wes Orshoski's documentary Don't You Wish That We Were Dead

Leave a comment:

• Ian Miller
    Flattery and foreplay

• Ian Miller
    replied
    Originally posted by Mark Tolch View Post
    I want to see this.
    Tell me about it! I've been waiting for the blu announcement since this thing dropped. Missed the Portland screenings. DYING. TO. SEE.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X