Clear All

• Iggy Pop and Josh Homme - Post Pop Depression

Click image for larger version

Name:	ppd.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	30.1 KB
ID:	366074

Source.

Iggy Pop and Josh Homme of Queens of the Stone Age and Eagles of Death Metal have made a collaborative album, titled Post Pop Depression, that will be out March 18 via Loma Vista. Queens of the Stone Age's Dean Fertita contributed guitar and keyboards, and Arctic Monkeys' Matt Helders played drums. Homme talked to The New York Times:

In some ways, "Post Pop Depression" also picks up where "Lust for Life" left off. "Where those records pointed, it stopped," Mr. Homme said. "But without copying it," he continued, "that direction actually goes for miles. And when you keep going for miles you can't see these two records any more."

The lyrics reflect on memories, hint at characters and offer advice and confessions; they can be hard-nosed, remorseful, flippant, combative or philosophical. The album's theme, Mr. Pop said, is: "What happens after your years of service? And where is the honor?"...

...He continued: "In American life, because it's so hypercompetitive, what happens when you're finally useless to everyone except hopefully not yourself? What happens then? And can you continue to be of use to yourself? I had a kind of character in mind. It was sort of a cross between myself and a military veteran."

Pop and Homme will also tour the record, and the live band will include Fertita and Helders, plus QOTSA's Troy Van Leeuwen on guitar and Chavez's Matt Sweeney on bass.

This happened on Colbert last night.

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Didn't even know this was happening, pretty cool. The single sounds alright, but I'm hoping for more damage from these guys.

Comment

It was a stealth project that was kept under wraps until the announcement yesterday. At first listen the new song didn't really grab me, but on repeat it's really grown on me. The studio version is also available on the webs as well.

Comment

For those who want to try before they buy, this is up on Spotify as of today.

So far, I dig it.
        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	CfhQOcSW4AAUtTn.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	52.9 KB
ID:	350313
          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Watched all three episodes the other night. Nothing too substantial, but Iggy is entertaining as usual.

Comment

New Iggy solo album out 9/6/19.

http://www.brooklynvegan.com/iggy-po...s-title-track/

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Cool!

When Iggy did "Post Pop" he mentioned in an interview (in a UK music mag) that it would be his last album when it came to having the usual big promotion, touring etc. behind it. I wonder how low key this is going to be.
                  2019: The only blog to survive the nuclear holocaust

Comment

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Very odd. I can watch the first video but not the second one. "The uploader has not made this video available in your country."
                      2019: The only blog to survive the nuclear holocaust

Comment

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Stooges releasing unheard live album of the original lineup's final show.

https://www.brooklynvegan.com/the-st...-on-third-man/
                            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

New track!

https://iggypop.bandcamp.com/track/dirty-little-virus

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Working...
                              X