No announcement yet.

Wtf? David Bowie R.I.P.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'Lost' Bowie album, Toy, getting a release.

https://www.brooklynvegan.com/david-...tream-a-track/

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

One of the comments on YouTube says this is a re-recording of a 1966 song. It does have that 1960s vibe to it. I was thinking early Pink Floyd when I was listening. I think Bowie was a fan of the Syd Barrett era of PF. Still, it sounds a bit unfinished with all of the repetitive lyrics. I kind of gave up listening to English language music ages ago, so I doubt I'll buy this or listen to it again. But it's nice to know Bowie's unreleased music is seeing the light of day.

Comment

Originally posted by James Reed View Post
        One of the comments on YouTube says this is a re-recording of a 1966 song. It does have that 1960s vibe to it. I was thinking early Pink Floyd when I was listening. I think Bowie was a fan of the Syd Barrett era of PF. Still, it sounds a bit unfinished with all of the repetitive lyrics. I kind of gave up listening to English language music ages ago, so I doubt I'll buy this or listen to it again. But it's nice to know Bowie's unreleased music is seeing the light of day.
        Even as late as Man Who Sold The World, his album tracks have had a lot of Barrettisms featured.

Comment

Working...
        X