• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wtf? David Bowie R.I.P.

Cancer...aged 69....

http://metro.co.uk/2016/01/11/david-...ed-69-5614586/

To be honest didnt know he was ill...

This year has started off really shitty for deaths..

I know, what with this and Lemmy, this is awful. 2 More Icons gone. I had no idea that Bowie was ill.

Comment

Deeply sad news.

Cancer can take a hike, but long live the music! RIP Mr Jones.
      'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
      'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

Comment

http://flavorwire.com/247387/picture...al-stuff?all=1

Comment

GodDAMMIT. RIP, Bowie.

I was just chatting with Chad about him, we both got his new album this weekend. Great stuff. Cancer is bullshit. :(

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Tolch View Post
            GodDAMMIT. RIP, Bowie.

I was just chatting with Chad about him, we both got his new album this weekend. Great stuff. Cancer is bullshit. :(
            Havent heard his new album yet..but apparently it is a kind of eulogy from him as he knew he didnt have long left to live...
            David Bowie's long time producer Tony Visconti has paid tribute to the late icon, and said that his latest album Blackstar was always intended to be the singer's swansong.
            He always did what he wanted to do. And he wanted to do it his way and he wanted to do it the best way. His death was no different from his life - a work of Art. He made Blackstar for us, his parting gift. I knew for a year this was the way it would be. I wasn't, however, prepared for it. He was an extraordinary man, full of love and life. He will always be with us. For now, it is appropriate to cry.

Comment

It's much better than I expected. The single is indicative of the more experimental nature of the album, but it's still very Bowie.

Comment

New album came out while I was traveling last week so haven't had a chance to spin it yet, but this was seriously terrible news to wake up to this morning.
                Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Well fuck it all.

RIP Dave. Thanks for everything.

Comment

Iggy Pop....last man standing.

Comment

Very sad new, the man was a universal treasure. Can't wait to hear the new album.

RIP David

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Tolch View Post
                        Iggy Pop....last man standing.
                        If you would have told me this years ago I would have laughed u out of the room..just goes to show.

MESSAGE FROM IGGY:
                        "David's friendship was the light of my life. I never met such a brilliant person. He was the best there is.
                        - Iggy Pop"

Comment

Watching the video for "Lazarus" and listening to the lyrics a few days ago and it probably seemed like just Bowie being a bit freaky but now it all makes sense. What a legend. And that's a status he earned a long time ago. One of the most amazing things about Bowie, and its been known all too well throughout the years, is how, no matter how much he changed things up or what directions he took his sound he was able to pull it off for the most part. Sure there were some dodgy moments here and there, we all have those but Bowie remained consistently interesting and original. Plus "I'm Deranged" opened my favorite movie of all time.

LA PASIÓN ESPAÑOL: THE EROTIC MELODRAMAS OF VICENTE ARANDA (1991-1999)

Comment

RIP.
                            "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

I didn't find out until I watched Conan. RIP. This is the Bowie song I play a lot. I've loved it since I first heard it in high school. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsSlOGzPM90
                              Johnny Stickman
                              Way Out Hep Cat
                              Last edited by Johnny Stickman; 01-11-2016, 11:27 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X