X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Don't look for me in heaven... Don't look for me in hell..."

True metal radness returns! \m/

Comment

Soo, thunder shall crack the sky once more. The earth will shake and tremble, women will get wet, and Horace will complain that the new album isn't any good.

But he will be wrong.
      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Why aren't those people excited? Or are they TOO excited with the metal assualt and don't know how to react?

Comment

I think they've been stunned by metal. Amateurs, obviously. If I were there I'd be hanging from the roof smacking bitches with my dong and breathing fire.
          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Sounds like Rob Halford and Tommy Tallarico joined forces. Well, 'cept the inverse of that. What?

Code:
            ----------------------------- = MANOWAR
            Rob Halford + Tommy Tallarico

Comment

Math rock!
              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

FINALLY!

---------------

MANOWAR Reveal Album Title and Digital Release Date

MANOWAR Announce Digital Release Of New Album For June 16, 2012

MANOWAR's new studio album, The Lord Of Steel, will first be released worldwide on June 16, 2012 exclusively on iTunes and... on the band's own online store, The Kingdom Of Steel (www.thekingdomofsteel.com).

On the same date, Metal Hammer UK will release a special 'Steel Edition' of Metal Hammer #233, including the CD and a digital copy of the album.

The Lord Of Steel is blazing with pure power, untamed energy, and a sound as raw and wild as a force of nature. Track titles like Annihilation and Hail, Kill And Die! set the tone for a record that is packed with surprises.

In contrast to the 2007 release Gods Of War, this new album is not a concept album, yet each song tells a different story, retaining the MANOWAR vision of righteousness, honor and everything MANOWAR fans have come to know and love.

MANOWAR fans should expect to have “their heads completely blown off” said MANOWAR bassist Joey DeMaio in a recent interview, and explained that “…this album is all about brutality and raw power!”

The album will be mixed and mastered at the legendary Wisseloord Studios by long-time collaborators mixing engineer Ronald Prent and two-time Grammy award-winning mastering engineer Darcy Proper.

Known for their adventurous spirit and for never releasing the same style of album twice in a row, MANOWAR have this time tapped into the world of action heroes and their stories, writing their first song specifically for a Hollywood movie, EL GRINGO and another one, Expendable, inspired by Sylvester Stallone's action movie franchise 'The Expendables'.

The band recently announced that El Gringo will be the theme song of the action western EL GRINGO, featuring Scott Adkins ('Expendables 2', 'The Bourne Ultimatum') and Christian Slater and produced by After Dark Films ('An American Haunting') and Joel Silver's ('Matrix', 'Lethal Weapon') Dark Castle Home Entertainment.

The trailer for the film 'El Gringo' featuring a short sample of the theme song can be seen here: http://youtu.be/cfaOoABkQW4

A sneak preview into the song 'El Gringo' can be viewed here: http://youtu.be/2JOqDxJ5trY

A sneak preview into the song 'Expendable' can be viewed here: http://youtu.be/koNYpiwHjHY

“We were talking about a concept album but then got inspired to go in a different direction. This is where we are right now.” explained Joey DeMaio. “I've been doing research on getting the best microphones and pre-amps for the guitars. The bass sound is death defying. We've done a lot of work on drums too, giving Donnie room to stretch out. And Eric will simply sound bigger than life as always.”

MANOWAR are ready to celebrate their new album in a manner worthy of The Kings Of Metal with headlining performances at open-air summer festivals across Europe.

Upcoming MANOWAR headlining tour dates:
                Sat, June 16, 2012 - Ost Fest - Bucharest, Romania
                Thu, June 21, 2012 - Gods Of Metal - Milan, Italy
                Fri, July 6, 2012 - Getaway Rock Festival - Gí¤vle, Sweden
                Mon, July 9, 2012 - Dortmunder Music Week Festival - Dortmund, Germany

Release: Digital pre-release: 6/16/2012 on iTunes and www.thekingdomofsteel.com
                Metal Hammer UK Steel Edition: 6/16/2012
                Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Looks like I'm picking up a copy of Metal Hammer next month...
                  Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

New MANOWAR!!!! FINALLY!
                    EuroCultAV Reviews

Comment

This is the one band I listen to that my wife just rolls her eyes when I start playing. I've been a fan since high school.
                      EuroCultAV Reviews

Comment

I'm taking my shirt off just thinking about it. Good to see that Joey is promising fans that their heads will be completely blown off. If my head is going to be blown off, I'd prefer it be complete and not have just a little bit of head left on there.

Comment

Review of the new album from one of my fav blogs. It's not positive. I don't listen to these guys much nowadays...what do you think of the album?
                          I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Comment

I haven't heard it yet. It's not on spotify and I don't buy MP3s, so I'm waiting for the actual CD to come out before I get to give it a shot.

I think I was the only guy who liked Gods Of War.
                            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

OK, having now heard the album, there's some good stuff on here. There's also a lot of cheese but I'm ok with that. Manowarriors is awesome and also hilarious.

Here, now you can sing along with it.

You're welcome.
                              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Some new tour dates just announced:

Tue, Oct 09, 2012 - Zaragoza, Spain - Interpeí±as
                                Thu, Oct 11, 2012 - La Coruí±a, Spain - Coliseum
                                Sat, Oct 13, 2012 - Barcelona, Spain - St Jordi Club
                                Sun, Oct 14, 2012 - Madrid, Spain - La Riviera
                                Tue, Oct 16, 2012 - Paris, France - Trabendo
                                Fri, Oct 19, 2012 - Kerkrade, Holland - Rodahal
                                Tue, Oct 23, 2012 - Prague, Czech Republic - Mala Sportovni Hala
                                Wed, Oct 24, 2012 - Pardubice, Czech Republic - CEZ Arena
                                Fri, Oct 26, 2012 - Zlin, Czech Republic - Euronics
                                Fri, Nov 23, 2012 - Worcester, MA - The Palladium
                                Sat, Nov 24, 2012 - Long Island, NY - The Paramount
                                Sun, Nov 25, 2012 - Long Island, NY - The Paramount
                                Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Working...
                                X