Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's Talk About Rad Cover Songs

Here are a few that make me wanna shake my hot ass these days:

-Cobra Skulls covering Bad Religion's Give You Nothing and Dylan's Subterranean Homesick Blues.

-Teenage Bottlerocket covering The Dead Milkmen's Dean's Dream.

-Manowar doing The American Trilogy (so epic and triumphant!).

-Stigma's cover of Forced Reality's Fifteen Pints makes me wanna jump around.

-Leftover Crack's 'reimagining' of The Muppets' Rainbow Connection is rad.

-Mike Patton's cover of Serge Gainsbourg's Ford Mustang gets played a lot.

-The Queers kicking out Black Flag's White Minority makes me wanna punch things.

-Me First & The Gimme Gimmes doing pretty much everything but especially INXS' Never Tear Us Apart.

You know what's not good? Joan Jett & The Blackhearts covering The Crash Test Dummies' Androgynous.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Oh, and Youth Brigade doing Duke Of Earl. So bad it's good.

Amazingly enough they don't seem to play it live these days, but if you yell out DUKE OF EARL over and over again between every song, they'll at least do the opening riff to shut you up.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

The Dickies, Knights In White Satin, just never gets old. Neither does Poison 13's cover of Strychnine. War Pigs by either Faith No More or Cake seem to hold up well, too. Boston band The Go Set do a very, very good cover of Radio Birdman's "New Race" that I quite enjoy. Oh and any cover by The Nomads just smokes...
      It's not going to suck itself...

Comment

The UK Subs do Strychnine on their new CD. I think The Cramps kinda closed the book on that song myself, as much as I love the original.
        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Both The Melvins' and Judas Priest's covers of Fleetwood Mac's "Green Manalishi"

Tankard doing "Damage, Inc."

Big Business' covers of DEVO's "Be Stiff" and Shocking Blue's "Send Me a Postcard"

The Whip's cover of "Stone Cold Crazy"
          Now everyone can have a complete KRULL lifestyle.

Comment

Goldfinger doing Rio....especially when they do the part at the end, "His name is Dio....Ronnie James Dio!"

Comment

I thought you hated Goldfinger?

I've never heard that track.

Good call on the Big Business tracks, ToyBoy.
              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Isn't "Androgynous" a Replacements song? I'll have to check out the Crash Test Dummies version.

The Donna's "Strutter" is rad in my book.

Comment

You guys are waaaaay ahead of me. I've never even heard of half these bands! Another sign of "getting old", I guess...

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Howlett View Post
                    Isn't "Androgynous" a Replacements song? I'll have to check out the Crash Test Dummies version.
                    Actually you're right, The Replacements did it first. I forgot about that.
                    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Robert Palmer does an awesome cover of Gary Numan's "I Dream of Wires."

Comment

I don't believe you.
                        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

He took time off of his love addiction to rock. The prospect was simply irresistible.

Earth, Wind & Fire's cover of The Beatles' "Got To Get You Into My Life" is awesome, too.

Comment

Motorhead's version of "Whiplash".
                            Now everyone can have a complete KRULL lifestyle.

Comment

Speaking of The Replacements, John Doe's cover of "Here Comes the Regular" is damn fine.

The Fleshtones' cover of Lou Reed's "Soul City" just rawks.

And, w/o shame, I'd also put up The Pet Shop Boys' cover of "Always On My Mind" along w/ Erasure's entire "Abba-Esque" EP.
                              It's not going to suck itself...

Comment

Working...
                              X