Goblin Rebirth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goblin Rebirth

Courtesy of Relapse's new press release...

Click image for larger version

Name:	262a6d96-7d00-49f3-8f13-2ba48b1c3e9b.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	21.2 KB
ID:	365688

GOBLIN REBIRTH: New Incarnation of the Legendary Goblin's Debut Album Due this June via Relapse Records

Watch the Official Goblin Rebirth Album Teaser!
    Youtube

Relapse Records is excited to announce Goblin Rebirth's new self-titled album, which will see a release on CD/LP/Digital on June 30th in North America, June 29th in the UK/World and June 26th in DE/Benelux/Finland. The group (which features members of Italian film score figureheads Goblin) has revealed an album trailer to give fans a taste of what to expect of the record.

Physical pre-Orders are available at this LOCATION with digital pre-orders available HERE.

Inspired by the legendary Goblin, the 1970's horror-synth / film score icons responsible for such soundtracks as Suspiria, Zombi and Tenebre, Goblin Rebirth came together after a temporary reformation of the original group in 2009. The new incarnation of the group contains the famed rhythm section of the original Goblin (drummer Agostino Marangolo and bassist Fabio Pignatelli, who both played on the classic soundtracks to Zombi/Dawn of the Dead, Suspria, Profondo Rosso/Deep Red and more), with the addition of Aidan Zammit and Danilo Cherni on keyboards and Giacomo Anselmi on guitar.

The band formed in 2010 and started with a live repertoire of Goblin hits and some unusual songs from more obscure Goblin soundtracks. The band members soon began creating new material and decided to look to the future, creating songs that grew out of an organic process, through a combination of individual compositions and jam sessions.

Now the first new recordings from Goblin Rebirth will see the light of day via Relapse this summer. The group's debut album was mixed and produced by bassist Fabio Pignatelli. Tracks were recorded at the various members' personal studios, while the drums were recorded in Trani, at Scuola Sul Mare Studios. The album was mastered by Bob Fix at BobFixMastering. Guest musicians on the album include Arnaldo Vacca on percussion and Roberta Lombardini on vocals.

The music from this new album is to be performed at festivals in Italy starting in May 2015, and there are plans for live performances in other countries in the following months.

Pre-Order 'Goblin Rebirth' From Relapse Records HERE.

1. Requiem For X
    2. Back in 74
    3. Book of Skulls
    4. Mysterium
    5. Evil In The Machine
    6. Forest
    7. Bolero
    8. Rebirth
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

I guess Simmonetti was the reason why the band broken up so many times. I listened to the Back To The Goblin album and it was okay, wasn't really anything special, it could best be described as background music.

But I'll give this a chance.
    "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

nice. excited for this. always thought Pignatelli was the heart of Goblin. while it is a shame not everyone is playing together i'm very happy that Pignatelli and Marangolo are on the same team. always thought those 2 put a lot of great stuff into some of my favorite tracks.

would be kind of neat if Marangolo's brother showed up with his saxophone

Comment

New track!

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

here is a short interview with Pignatelli. some funny bits in there

http://noisey.vice.com/blog/goblin-a...gain-and-again

another song from the album too

Comment

Heads up, all you Texans. Coming this winter:

Comment

That makes me want to go to Texas.
              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

And I just noticed that it's Simonetti's Goblin.

Didn't realize there are competing Goblins out there.

Comment

I prefer this version to the "Four of a Kind" lineup earlier this year. Definitely delivered the superior album, IMO.

Comment

Any other notable instances where a band splits but the individual members start a new band with basically the same name and sound as the old band?
                    "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

Wow, Cripple Bastards? Wonder if they'll hit up any other cities while they're here.

Comment

Working...
                      X