FAB Press Releasing Funky Bollywood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FAB Press Releasing Funky Bollywood

TO BE PUBLISHED MARCH 2015 - PRE-ORDER NOW TO RESERVE YOUR INDIVIDUALLY NUMBERED COPY INCLUDING A SIGNTURE PLATE PERSONALLY AUTOGRAPHED BY THE AUTHOR

Click image for larger version

Name:	9781903254776.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	59.0 KB
ID:	365489

The first Bollywood book specifically produced for Cult Movie fans.

Despite the often stereotypical notions of Bollywood, it's not all weddings, wet saris and running around trees. In the 1970s, Indian cinema gave birth to a new breed of action movie, one that combined its own exuberant traditions with foreign influences like the gritty urban crime thrillers of the New Hollywood, Hong Kong martial arts cinema, and Italian exploitation fare.

This was the domain of hard fighting he-men stars like Amitabh Bachchan, Dharmendra and Feroz Khan and badass, whip-wielding heroines played by the likes of the gorgeous Zeenat Aman, Hema Malini, and Rekha.

Let world cult cinema fanatic Todd Stadtman be your guide through this world of karate killers, femme fatales, space age lairs, bombshells and booby traps with Funky Bollywood, a book with an attitude as freewheeling and feisty as its subject matter, bursting with colour and imagination on every vibrant page!

Full colour design throughout.

The Author:

Todd Stadtman has been writing about world cult cinema since 2008 on his Rondo Award nominated blog Die, Danger, Die, Die, Kill! and as a regular contributor to Teleport City, one of the longest running cult cinema websites on the Internet. His work has appeared in The Times of India, Famous Monsters magazine, and on the websites io9, Mondo Macabro, The Cultural Gutter, Permission to Kill, Monster Island Resort, and Movie Fan Princess. He also contributed to the Turkey edition of the World Directory of Cinema. He currently lives in San Francisco, California.

Technical Details
    Size: 216mm x 216mm
    Binding: Paperback
    Extent: 240 pages, heavily illustrated throughout in colour
    ISBN: 978-1-903254-77-6
    Publication Date: 16 March 2015
    Market: Cinema
    Weight: 0.65kg
    Edition: First Edition
    Cover Price: £16.99 (UK) / $24.95 (US)

http://www.fabpress.com/funky-bollywood.html
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Really can't get into the musical segments of Bollywood genre movies, but this book does look cool.

Comment

It'll be worth it just for all the gorgeous full color artwork.
      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Cool, I like Stadtman's reviews, he's got an enthusiastic, laid back style.

Comment

Looks awesome!
          www.cinemasewer.com

Comment

Count me in
            "I don't eat at taco joints unless there's a lawn care truck parked out front" - me

Comment

There's a very positive review for it here:

http://dailygrindhouse.com/thewire/b...nky-bollywood/
              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Apologies if this has been posted before, but I couldn't find any posts about it.

Yesterday I learnt the awful news that Todd Stadtman has passed away. :(

Actually it was back in January but I haven't paid much attention to fb or the blog world the past few months.

His wife wrote about it on his blog and there's a piece about his passing on Tars Tarkas net.

I never met Todd, and I didn't even have much direct communication with him, but after a few years on the "scene" of world-weird film collectors you learn that the scene is rather small. At least among the people who give voice to your love of the films via the written word. Todd's blog was indeed one of the best out there. He was a knowledgable and good natured guy. He will be sorely missed. A day later and I still can't fathom that he's gone. :(

http://diedangerdiediekill.blogspot....s-to-have.html

http://tarstarkas.net/2021/01/rememb...todd-stadtman/
                  2019: The only blog to survive the nuclear holocaust

Comment

That is a shame, RIP. I didn't know him but I did read his stuff pretty regularily.
                    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

This is indeed terrible news - hit me really hard when I found out back in February.

I also never knew Todd personally, but after reading his work and listening to his podcasts for so many years, I pretty much felt like I did. He always seemed like a really lovely guy, and his efforts re: spreading knowledge of / enthusiasm for the weirder end of world cinema have had a huge impact on my own understanding of other cultures and their crazy movies.

I posted a bit of a tribute earlier this year on my own blog (which sadly has turned into a parade of obituaries so far in 2021), but worth reiterating here - RIP, he will be much missed.
                      https://breakfastintheruins.blogspot.com/
                      http://stereosanctity.blogspot.com/

Comment

That's a nice tribute, BW.

In reg. to your post: I wasn't really in contact with Todd either. It was more a case of him and I knowing of the other person and our blogs. I moderated Cinehound forum (about world-weird films), maybe he was a member but most members had fake names (except me) so I wouldn't know. I think we pm'ed maybe twice. I tried to write about world-weird films on blogs but mostly my posts were mere postings of a VCD or Japanese VHS cover. Todd actually wrote about these films! Wrote info instead of just "Wauw, what a fab flick!".
                        Yes, he'll be much missed.
                        2019: The only blog to survive the nuclear holocaust

Comment

Working...
                        X