No announcement yet.

Afterlife With Archie / Sabrina

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hack posted this on twitter, says it's the complete issue, so it is done at least.

Click image for larger version

Name:	E62PoWFXIAoCW4H.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	711.6 KB
ID:	360301

Also, Scott, Jack Morelli worked on at least two issues prior with Hack, so I'm not sure if it'll really be much of a departure from the issues that Hack did solo.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• I liked the show a lot more than I thought I would, until it turned into musical numbers all over the place. Then I liked it much less.

But Masturbatin' Sally was pretty great in the title role.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
        Also, Scott, Jack Morelli worked on at least two issues prior with Hack, so I'm not sure if it'll really be much of a departure from the issues that Hack did solo.
        I'm a dink. He's the letterer on CHILLING ADVENTURES and created the logo and whatnot. I need to slow my ass down.
        Scott
        Intellectual Carrot
        Last edited by Scott; 07-22-2021, 02:55 PM.
        "When I die, I hope to go to Accra"

Comment

• So I just scored a few issues of Afterlife With Archive cheap online. Texted my wife about it, because I was excited, then realized that I'd accidently texted my boss about it instead.

Oops.

Anyway, he was happy for me.
          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• He should post here.

Comment

• Press release!

Archie Comics will continue their chilling reign in horror stories under the leadership of Senior Director of Editorial, Jamie L. Rotante. As a highlight to her newly expanded role, Rotante will oversee the release of the all-new anthology CHILLING ADVENTURES IN SORCERY #1 on November 3.

Rotante has worked at Archie Comics for over a decade in both editorial and creator positions. Author of BETTY & VERONICA: VIXENS and SENIOR YEAR storylines, Rotante helped provide a unique take on the legendary characters, in addition to penning Archie's first original graphic novel, THE BOND OF FRIENDSHIP with artist Brittney Williams. Her new role places her in charge of the editorial direction for new comics and graphic novel content, working with licensors, and more.

In one of the first releases under Rotante's leadership, CHILLING ADVENTURES IN SORCERY #1 is an expansion of last year's thrilling MADAM SATAN one-shot by Eliot Rahal. It features Madam Satan not only trying to escape Hell, but also stepping into the role as host for a series of scary stories, paying homage to legendary television anthologies and iconic horror hosts like Rod Serling, Elvira, and Vincent Price. Madam Satan will play tour guide as readers explore the horrifying underbelly of Riverdale while the classic Archie Comics characters face their deepest fears, along with some frightful bonus content Archie horror fans will absolutely die for.

“This horror anthology is the perfect love letter to both classic Archie tales and the more modern stories,” explained Rotante. “The genre lends itself to have a timeless appeal to audiences and I believe that plays a factor into the excitement for Archie horror comics.” Additionally, the project will bring together a multitude of writers and artists. “One of my goals in editorial is to create more opportunities to bring a wide range of talent into the Archie Comics fold and champion underseen writers and artists,” she goes on to note. “This is just the first in a variety of anthology-style one-shots that we'll be releasing as we close out 2021 and enter the new year. Working in this format gives us the chance to tackle a variety of genres and collaborate with exciting new talent and long-time favorites simultaneously. We can't wait to share more news soon!"

“It's been an honor to have Jamie's work and vision in the Archie Comics universe over the last decade,” said Archie Comics CEO/Publisher Jon Goldwater. “Jamie has a clear vision for not only storytelling, but for nurturing the best talent to craft amazing stories. We can't wait for fans to see this new book and future projects under Jamie's leadership.”

Each new circle of Hell Madam Satan enters during her escape features another horror-fueled tale starring beloved Riverdale characters and filled with fun nods to fan-favorite horror titles including The Twilight Zone, Evil Dead 2, and Five Nights at Freddy's. In addition to Rahal returning to continue Madam Satan's adventure, the anthology features talented work by Vincenzo Federici, Evan Stanley, Amy Chu, Derek Charm, and Pat and Tim Kennedy spearheaded by Rotante.

Visit the official Archie Comics website for more information, follow us on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook for the latest news and updates!

CHILLING ADVENTURES IN SORCERY #1 (ONE-SHOT)

THE FUTURE OF ARCHIE COMICS STARTS HERE IN AN ALL-NEW ANTHOLOGY-STYLE ONE-SHOT!

Madam Satan is our tour guide into this horrific world exploring the underbelly of Riverdale and its surrounding areas! Madam Satan is trying to escape Hell. She goes through the circles of Hell in reverse. Along the way she meets lost/tortured souls who tell their stories—like that of Archie Andrews, who accepted a seemingly normal job as the nighttime security shift at Riverdale's local pizzeria and children's mascot entertainment venue. Only to learn that the venue harbors a deep, dark, robotic, monstrous secret! And then there's Jughead Jones, a teen who never met a food he didn't like. Until now. What is that eerie noise coming from the kitchen…? All that plus more bonus frightful content sure to delight all Archie horror fans!

Script: Eliot Rahal, Amy Chu, Evan Stanley
              Art: Vincenzo Federici, Derek Charm, Evan Stanley, Pat and Tim Kennedy, Matt Herms, Jack Morelli
              Main Cover: Julius Ohta
              Variant Cover: Francesco Francavilla
              32-page, full color comic
              $3.99 U.S.
              Final Orders Due: 10/11
              On Sale Date: 11/3

Name:	chill.jpg
Size:	104.1 KB
ID:	360460

Name:	chill2.jpg
Size:	139.4 KB
ID:	360461

Name:	chill3.jpg
Size:	35.7 KB
ID:	360462
              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• So the newest issue of Chilling Adventures Of Sabrina is pretty great. Very dark and twisted, takes things in a much different direction than the show did. It's a shame that the wait between issues is as long as it is but it's a good read and it is 'to be continued' so I'd imagine that there's more to come at some point.
                Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Hopefully there is more to come. Now if they can get Afterlife back on track.

Comment

• Originally posted by Newt Cox View Post
                    Hopefully there is more to come. Now if they can get Afterlife back on track.
                    That would be ideal. I do have to wonder, since Sabrina had the successful Netflix show and all, if it's more likely to get finished than Afterlife. I'd like to see both properly completed as I really enjoy them, but the wait times are borderline Faust-level these days.
                    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• I expect Big Numbers to be finished before we get 3 more issues of Afterlife.

Comment

• Coming in April...

CHILLING ADVENTURES PRESENTS... THE CULT OF THAT WILKIN BOY (ONE-SHOT)

Bingo Wilkin is not just a world-renowned musician. He’s an icon. An iconoclast. A legend. A leader. He’s also a master of manipulation with fans and followers willing to do his bidding, no
                        matter how evil it may be. Is too much ever enough when it comes to celebrity?

The team behind The Chilling Adventures of Salem return with this psychological thriller about fame and fandom.

Script: Cullen Bunn
                        Art: Dan Schoening, Ben Galvan
                        Colors: Matt Herms
                        Letters: Jack Morelli
                        Cover: Dan Schoening
                        Variant Cover: Robert Hack

On Sale Date: 4/19
                        32-page,full color comic
                        $3.99

Name:	archie.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	153.5 KB
ID:	408127
                        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• I'm tasting notes of The Rock-A-Billy Kid from Twilight Zone. I honestly have never really cared about that Wilkin Boy, but these comics have been fun so far.

Comment

• This comes out tomorrow...

THE CULT OF THAT WILKIN BOY: INITIATION (ONE SHOT)

Returning to the world of last year’s successful THE CULT OF THAT WILKIN BOY, Bingo is now a music manager—and the devil incarnate. He’s initiating others by exchanging their souls for stardom. But is this what he really wants out of life? Is this what he worked so hard for? Bingo embarks on a quest to return to his first love: performing music. But the road back to superstardom isn’t going to be an easy one, and it’s going to take a lot of souls to get there.

Script: Cullen Bunn
                            Art: Dan Schoening, Ben Galvan
                            Colors: Matt Herms
                            Letters: Jack Morelli
                            Cover: Dan Schoening, Luis Antonio Delgado
                            Variant Cover: Robert Hack
                            On Sale Date: 4/24
                            32-page, full color comic
                            $3.99 U.S.

Name:	archie.jpg
Views:	14