The Worst Of Eerie Publications!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Worst Of Eerie Publications!

I guess this has been known for a couple months but I just got tipped to it from the new Previews. Coming from IDW. Yay for Mike! I look forward to this.

"Gratuitous gore! Multi-Monster Madness! Bound Beauties! Collected for the first time in a deluxe edition are the comics that deserve it the least: the infamous Eerie Publications' horror comics! Incredibly gory and crazy, the Eerie Pubs pushed the boundaries of good taste with blood-drenched, spine-cracking tales ripped (and redrawn) from the pages of Pre-Code horror comics. And who can forget those nausea-inducing covers? A dirty dozen of deadly, full-color covers are reproduced for your discomfort and revulsion! Featuring illustrated terror by Dick Ayers, Chic Stone, Domingo Mandrafina, the Iger Shop, and many other unsung masters of the morbid, presented in glorious, carefully remastered black and white. "

Taken from here. It's up for pre-order at Amazon too.

I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

This strokes my guilty pleasure lobe. Will probably check it out.
    "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

totally all over that one. Buy it through this link so Ian gets a dime to pay for this thread.

http://www.amazon.com/Worst-Eerie-Pu...e+Publications

Comment

Definitely purchasing through the Rock Cock Block Amazon link. October is a long ways away but the timing makes sense though.
        "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

The official press release from IDW...

We Saved The Worst For Last! Yoe Books & IDW Present The Worst of Eerie Publications
          Another Gory Edition In The Chilling Archives Of Horror Comics

San Diego, CA (June 27, 2014) - This September, children will go back to school and the leaves on the trees will turn golden as they greet the first day of fall. IDW Publishing/Yoe Books will proudly interrupt this beautiful time of year with the release of a collection of blood-drenched, spine-cracking tales ripped from the pages of the most demented horror comics ever published in The Worst of Eerie Publications.

"I should have my head examined, letting that maniac Howlett loose to infect everyone with this mind-melting collection of Graphic Gore!” said Craig Yoe.

“After having my book The Weird World of Eerie Publications published in 2010, I was trying to think of how else I could damage the collective minds of the innocent. IDW and Yoe Books have given me the opportunity to carry on the outrage with this revolting tome. My momma always said it was nice to share, so I'm happy to share my sickness! Bon Appétit!” said Mike Howlett

Collected for the first time in a deluxe edition are the incredibly gory, crazy, and infamous Eerie Publications horror comics; comics that really pushed the boundaries of good taste. With scripts pilfered from Pre-Code horror comics, these twisted tales of illustrated terror feature artwork by Dick Ayers, Chic Stone, Domingo Mandrafina, the Iger Shop, and many other unsung masters of the morbid and are presented in glorious, carefully re-mastered black and white. Absolutely not to be missed for those who enjoy the grisly and the lurid.

And what about those nausea-inducing covers? We've got them! A horrid helping of deadly, full-color covers are reproduced for your discomfort and revulsion. Enjoy!

Gratuitous gore! Multi-Monster Madness! Bound Beauties! Oh my! 21 Terror Tales that only Eerie Publications would dare publish… until now.

And don't forget to check out the other chilling and wacky archvial titles from IDW and Yoe Books, Haunted Horror and Weird Love!
          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Can't wait...mebbe they send one for review? Either way this hardcover will be on my shelf.

Comment

Many thanks for the many plugs!! The great Jason Willis has been doing the design work and it's looking fantastic!!! I couldn't be happier!

Comment

"It's that time of year and IDW & Yoe Books is ready. In stores next week is The Worst of Eerie Publications! #TBT

Collected for the first time in a deluxe edition are the incredibly gory, crazy, and infamous Eerie Publications horror comics; comics that really pushed the boundaries of good taste. With scripts pilfered from Pre-Code horror comics, these twisted tales of illustrated terror feature artwork by Dick Ayers, Chic Stone, Domingo Mandrafina, the Iger Shop, and many other unsung masters of the morbid and are presented in glorious, carefully re-mastered black and white. Absolutely not to be missed for those who enjoy the grisly and the lurid."
                Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

It looks like the Eerie Publications brand is back with new material being published beginning early next year.
                  Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Tell us more, please.

Comment

Not much to tell yet, but they have a website up with some info.

https://www.eeriepublications.com/

Looks like a lot of this is still in progress.
                      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Thanks! I wish that first issue was going to be "Vol. 1, #11" just to give it that authentic Eerie Pubs touch.

Comment

Nice to see Mike's book getting some love.

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I watched it recently. Love that channel. Been a great run of videos this month.

Comment

Eerie Publications - The Complete Covers: The Whole Bloody Mess hardcover

Coming from FantaCo 3/31/22.

https://fantaco.net/eerie-publicatio...mess-hardcover

Click image for larger version

Name:	Eerie_Publications_Cover_Book_front_cover__03519.1633646164.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	79.5 KB
ID:	360990

Superior quality hardcover edition with Smyth-sewn binding for permanence and durability.

The horror comics fans' dream book!!
                              By Mike Howlett, cover art by Bill Alexander with cover design by Jason Willis and book design by Jim Whiting.
                              SPECIAL NOTICE!! Everyone who preorders will receive a serial numbered book AND a specially designed set of ten full color Eerie Publications trading cards (one set per order), exclusive to this offer. The sets will not be available in stores.

Shrieking at you from the newsstands like garish sideshow banners, the notorious Eerie Publications magazines dared petrified comic readers of the 60s and 70s to look. With the promise of torture and gore, those covers burned themselves into the brain of everyone who saw them.

Now, for the first time, we've collected every known cover from this putrid publisher and are presenting them chronologically, fully annotated and in full color. The good, the bad and the ugly… the Whole Bloody Mess.

This book is 240 full color pages, 8 1/2 X 11, hardcover. Also available in softcover.
                              Release date: March 31, 2022.
                              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Working...
                              X