Rad Artists: Richard Corben

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FUCK!

I had no clue how old he was. But that is another great that has died.

Discovered him in the late 70s when I was flipping thru a cousin's stack of Heavy Metal. Since about 85 anytime I found a comic with Corben art ,and I could afford it,I will buy it.

Comment

Originally posted by Newt Cox View Post
      Since about 85 anytime I found a comic with Corben art ,and I could afford it,I will buy it.
      I started in the early 90s, but same. I just checked the stats on my collection and have 158 issues he contributed to.
      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

God dammit. RIP
        "When I die, I hope to go to Accra"

Comment

Corben's last published work will appear in Last Gasp #0, coming next month from... Last Gasp.

https://gumroad.com/l/slowdeathzero
          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Will someone please reprint the Den books? My collection is incomplete and I refuse to pay the prices people are asking for that stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Roderick View Post
              Will someone please reprint the Den books? My collection is incomplete and I refuse to pay the prices people are asking for that stuff.
              Cant be any worse than what the Dark Horse continuation of the Epic Comics Moebius books go for. I'll never be able to complete that set unless I win the lottery.

Comment

Originally posted by Darcy Parker View Post
                Cant be any worse than what the Dark Horse continuation of the Epic Comics Moebius books go for. I'll never be able to complete that set unless I win the lottery.
                Right? How is there not a "Complete Moebius Collection"? Criminal.

Comment

Moebius works are spread across separate rights holders. That's why the Dark Horse books won't include Blueberry or his Humanoids work. So it's mostly odds and ends. But boy are they dragging their feet. The Graphitti Designs website still had their Mobius hardcovers still available until recently. Now it's down to 2 or 3 Blueberry books. Those books, btw are the crown of my collection and would be the one thing I grabbed if there was a fire.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
                    Moebius works are spread across separate rights holders. That's why the Dark Horse books won't include Blueberry or his Humanoids work. So it's mostly odds and ends. But boy are they dragging their feet. The Graphitti Designs website still had their Mobius hardcovers still available until recently. Now it's down to 2 or 3 Blueberry books. Those books, btw are the crown of my collection and would be the one thing I grabbed if there was a fire.
                    Yeah, I get it that the rights are spread out, but its still crazy to me that so much of his classic stuff is out of print (at least in English) and has been for a long time. I have all the Humanoids stuff, the recent Dark Horse Edena books, and some of the old Epic collections, but have none of the Blueberry books.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
                      The Epic/Dark Horse collections are primarily his stuff from Metal Hurlant and a few new things and rarities, like Upon A Star, and for a fair bit of it, those books were the first or only English printings, and the first colour versions of a lot of it, so they are really worthwhile. Sadly, I never knew about the Dark Horse continuation and only have the Epic volumes, and the cheapest I've seen for any of the Dark Horse volumes is over $300 Canadian!

Comment

Graphitti Designs still has 3 Blueberry volumes in stock. The Young Blueberry book is the weakest but still very good with plenty of extras and the MISSISSIPPI RIVER JIM CUTLASS GN. IMO the best of the bunch is Volume 9 which contains THE LOST DUTCHMAN'S GOLD and is completely self contain. The other volumes form one large story.

https://www.graphittidesigns.com/sho...nd-Giraud.html
                        https://www.graphittidesigns.com/sho...nd-Giraud.html
                        https://www.graphittidesigns.com/sho...-Charlier.html

Comment

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Watched that yesterday. Made me remember I never finished reading either Mutant World series.

Comment

I've been after these four issues for a while, they're hard to find. When they do show up, they aren't cheap.

Hoping for a $1 score one of these days, haha.

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Aaaand, there's something else i've never heard of i now need.

Comment

Working...
                                X