No announcement yet.

Rad Artists: Richard Corben

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had never heard of the series. Watched the video and looked. The trade is 50 or more. NO place I could find online,didn't look at Ebay yet,had the issues.

Did this just have a low print run? Or is it just so in demand that the prices are sky high.

Comment

Originally posted by Newt Cox View Post
      I had never heard of the series. Watched the video and looked. The trade is 50 or more. NO place I could find online,didn't look at Ebay yet,had the issues.

Did this just have a low print run? Or is it just so in demand that the prices are sky high.
      Must have been a low print run. I dragged my feet in picking it up and pretty much immediately after it came out I couldn't find it anywhere anymore.

Comment

Odd that a comic from 3 name talents had a low print run. Niles and Corben have fairly big followings in the comic field. And Zombie has a huge fanbase. I really want to read this but not enough to drop the 50 to 75 bucks it would cost me to get it all.

Comment

Yeah, the only single issues i could find start at $15, i'd probably be in for @ $10 each if i ever come across 'em for that.

Comment

Yea I would be ok at dropping 10 an issue. But I do wonder why IDW hasn't reprinted the trade.

Comment

Originally posted by Newt Cox View Post
              But I do wonder why IDW hasn't reprinted the trade.
              This. It would seem the demand is there, so it's curious.
              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Self portrait.

Click image for larger version

Name:	E6JS_zdXIAEn8qQ.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	56.8 KB
ID:	360257
                Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Rad.

Name:	E-63McuWUCg4Lk9.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	65.1 KB
ID:	360570
                  Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

COMIC BOOK CREATOR will be publishing a tribute to Corben as a double size magazine in both trade paperback and hardcover (and digital). It will be in issue #28 in the Spring of 2022. There's an ad for it in the new BACK ISSUE but it's not listed yet on the Twomorrows' website.

Comment

Originally posted by Thomas Wood View Post
                      COMIC BOOK CREATOR will be publishing a tribute to Corben as a double size magazine in both trade paperback and hardcover (and digital). It will be in issue #28 in the Spring of 2022. There's an ad for it in the new BACK ISSUE but it's not listed yet on the Twomorrows' website.
                      Yeah, I saw that in Back Issue. I was going to post a link to it when it shows up on the website. This looks like it's going to be very comprehensive.
                      I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Comment

I'm gonna need that.
                        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Was skimming through the copy of X-Men Heroes For Hope I grabbed out of the $1 last week. Had one as a kid, dunno what happened to it. Was cool to see a few pages of Corben art inside - I think this was the first art he did for Marvel? I know he'd go on to do the Cage and Banner mini-series, Punisher: The End, a few issues of Ghost Rider and some random covers here and there but this predates all of that by a while.
                          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

There's a crowd sourcing campaign going on to compile details on all of the work that Corben had published in France.

https://www.kisskissbankbank.com/fr/...ance-1971-2020
                            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

This is pretty rad.

Name:	corb.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	113.8 KB
ID:	390743
                              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

This book looks fucking amazing and it makes me sad that I will probably never own one.

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Working...
                                X