No announcement yet.

Marvel Vs. DC - the eternal debate!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I did come out of retirement for the Marvel vs. DC Amalgam series. I got a kick out of those.
    "Look out! Don't step on it-it may be Lon Chaney!"

Comment

Well, The Punisher is my favorite character of all time, so I gotta go with Marvel. I AM a fan of DC's Jonah Hex and Sgt. Rock, though, as they are great characters. My second favorite character of all time is Conan. SAVAGE SWORD OF CONAN is my favorite series of all time, though, and it's a Marvel production....so, Marvel! Oh yeah, and Ghost Rider's pretty awesome as well....imagine the disappointment when I saw the Nic Cage movie.

Comment

This comic is one of the few that I kept when I sold my collection. I loved this issue when I was a kid. So cool. they all turn back to themselves near the end by this Beyonder-like entity, then they went back to being monsters. It was so awesome.

Comment

Hi Zane!

Legion Of Monsters is awesome.
          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

The Legion Of Monsters with Morbius The Living Vampire; Completely awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by Zane C. View Post
              Well, The Punisher is my favorite character of all time, so I gotta go with Marvel. I AM a fan of DC's Jonah Hex and Sgt. Rock, though, as they are great characters. My second favorite character of all time is Conan. SAVAGE SWORD OF CONAN is my favorite series of all time, though, and it's a Marvel production....so, Marvel! Oh yeah, and Ghost Rider's pretty awesome as well....imagine the disappointment when I saw the Nic Cage movie.
              Heard, they are thinking of making another Ghost Rider movie. One could only hope, they will get it right this time.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
                Hi Zane!

Legion Of Monsters is awesome.
                Hey Ian! Sorry I took so long to respond back to this! :)

Great thread!

LEGION OF MONSTERS.....when were these released? I've never read these!

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie G View Post
                  Heard, they are thinking of making another Ghost Rider movie. One could only hope, they will get it right this time.
                  It's almost in the can from what I've read. The good news is that Mark Steven Johnson has been replaced by the guys that made the CRANK movies, plus Idris Elba is in it.

Bad news is that it's another GHOST RIDER movie starring Nicolas Cage.
                  Now everyone can have a complete KRULL lifestyle.

Comment

Originally posted by Toyboy View Post
                    It's almost in the can from what I've read. The good news is that Mark Steven Johnson has been replaced by the guys that made the CRANK movies, plus Idris Elba is in it.

Bad news is that it's another GHOST RIDER movie starring Nicolas Cage.
                    Well, if they make the character as dark as it should be, it might be ok. Nic Cage is just such a bad choice, though....

Comment

Hey Zane!

I think after the goofiness of the first GR movie they'd have to use someone other than Cage. He's too dopey in the first one to really overcome that in a follow up. It's such a great concept, but I dunno if it's maybe one of those comics that just isn't going to translate well to the big screen.
                      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Both companies treat their writers & artists like rubbish so they can both go suck it - a dead-last tie, IMO.
                        It's not going to suck itself...

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
                          Hey Zane!

I think after the goofiness of the first GR movie they'd have to use someone other than Cage. He's too dopey in the first one to really overcome that in a follow up. It's such a great concept, but I dunno if it's maybe one of those comics that just isn't going to translate well to the big screen.
                          Hey again! I agree about getting someone else to play the role...that would have helped!

It seems like a can't-miss concept, GR, but it needs to be darker. The feeling that they needed to make it PG, not R, ruined it, I think.

Comment

Working...
                          X