Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fight Club to Return In Comic Book Form?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    Ian Jane
    Administrator

• Ian Jane
    replied
    Cool article/interview with CP about how writing the comic shaped his upcoming movie.

http://www.indiewire.com/2016/06/chu...by-1201684239/

When pop culture worlds collide...

Leave a comment:

• Ian Jane
    Administrator

• Ian Jane
    replied
    Palahniuk is doing a cross country signing tour for the hardcover.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/ar...-across-the-us

Leave a comment:

• Ian Jane
    Administrator

• Ian Jane
    replied
    Release date for the HC is 6/28/16.

Leave a comment:

• Randy G

• Randy G
    replied
    Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
    CBR is reporting that the guy who has been writing Sex Criminals over at Image (which is supposedly really good, though I haven't read it). is going to be helping out with the writing on this at it moves forward.

http://robot6.comicbookresources.com...t-club-sequel/
    Matt Fraction is good, I really like his Casanova and Hawkeye comics. Sex Criminals is good but I think the other two comics are better.

Leave a comment:

• Ian Jane
    Administrator

• Ian Jane
    replied
    Cover art for the upcoming HC collection.

Click image for larger version

Name:	FightClub2_HC.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	46.1 KB
ID:	349738

Leave a comment:

• Newt Cox

• Newt Cox
    replied
    So far it has been a good comic. One that I look forward to each month.

Leave a comment:

• Ian Jane
    Administrator

• Ian Jane
    replied
    I guess this is doing well enough that Palahniuk is considering a third story.

It also looks like he's going to be working on a series of one-shots with Joelle Jones handling the art (not a bad choice at all, I really like her stuff).

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/10/...medium=twitter

Leave a comment:

• Newt Cox

• Newt Cox
    replied
    Read the first 2 issues and it is decent. Waiting to see where this goes. Loved the David Mack cover.

Leave a comment:

• Ian Jane
    Administrator

• Ian Jane
    replied
    July 11 -- San Diego, CA -- At San Diego Comic Con International, Dark Horse Comics announced today a scratch-and-sniff bookmark contest in support of the acclaimed FIGHT CLUB 2 mini-series, which is written by Chuck Palahniuk, illustrated by Cameron Stewart and colored by Dave Stewart, with covers by David Mack. Dark Horse Comics has provided 10,000 scratch-and-sniff bookmarks, numbered to correspond to a clue in the same-numbered FIGHT CLUB 2 issue, to select comic shops around the United States. Readers who correctly identify the scents on all five bookmarks are eligible to win the grand prize: every FIGHT CLUB 2 comic including variants, FIGHT CLUB 2 swag, an autographed collector's edition of the FIGHT CLUB novel, and the hardcover FIGHT CLUB 2 graphic novel (available June 2016). Ten additional winners will receive copies of the FIGHT CLUB 2 graphic novel, and comics retailers chosen by winners will receive matching prizes.

Fans present for the FIGHT CLUB 2 panel during which the contest was announced were encouraged to attend dressed as Tyler Durden and Marla Singer. The scratch-and-sniff bookmark contest comes on the heels of Dark Horse Comics' guerilla marketing efforts on behalf of FIGHT CLUB 2, including encouraging fans to contribute to the series' mayhem with a guerilla marketing campaign utilizing the phrases "Tyler Durden Lives" and "Rize or Die" in order to win Easton Press limited, leather-bound editions of Palahniuk's novels BEAUTIFUL YOU, FIGHT CLUB and SURVIVOR.

Dark Horse will also be making a handful of bookmarks available to Diamond registered retailers who simply need to email Bookmark@DarkHorse.com with their name, store name, and Diamond account number to be entered into the contest. Winners will be selected at random and will be notified by Friday, July 17, 2015.

For more details on the Dark Horse Comics FIGHT CLUB 2 scratch-and-sniff bookmark contest, to enter the contest, or to find a comics retailer who has been sent bookmarks by Dark Horse, please visit http://joinProjectMayhem.com/Contest/.

About Dark Horse
    Founded in 1986 by Mike Richardson, Dark Horse Comics has proven to be a solid example of how integrity and innovation can help broaden a unique storytelling medium and establish a small, homegrown company as an industry giant. The company is known for the progressive and creator-friendly atmosphere it provides for writers and artists. In addition to publishing comics from top talent, such as Eric Powell, Mike Mignola, Geof Darrow, Brian Wood, Gail Simone, Stan Sakai, and Guillermo del Toro, and comics legends, such as Will Eisner, Milo Manara, Kazuo Koike, Neil Gaiman and Frank Miller, Dark Horse has developed its own successful properties, such as The Mask, Ghost

Name:	fightclub2bookmark_103003.jpg
Size:	42.1 KB
ID:	348569

Leave a comment:

• Ian Jane
    Administrator

• Ian Jane
    replied
    From Bleeding Cool:

Brace yourself if you're a Fight Club fan! Almost 20 years after the release of Chuck Palahniuk's novel Fight Club, and a week after Dark Horse Comics' first issue of the highly anticipated and controversial Fight Club 2 mini-series, Rare Bird Lit has announced the upcoming vinyl audiobook release of Palahniuk's Fight Club prequel story Expedition. It's the latest in Rare Bird Lit new line of audiobooks on vinyl, read by the authors themselves. The collection features Chuck Palahniuk, Bret Easton Ellis, Jerry Stahl, Keith Buckley and more.

Expedition takes place before the events of the bestselling Fight Club novel, and follows the origin story of Tyler Durden. You can check out an excerpt on SoundCloud. Be sure to check out Fight Club 2 which is written by, Palahniuk, with art by Cameron Stewart. It's available in comic shops now. For those of you who don't know, that plot takes place ten years after the events of the novel, and deals with Tyler Durden's life with a kid and a wife, and how he copes with all of that. A graphic novel of the series will be released next year.

The vinyl audiobook release will feature Palahniuk reading the short story, along with Make Something Up: Stories You can't Unread, accompanied by music by Brian Jonestown Massacre's Rob Campanella. The album art will be illustrated by Fight Club 2 cover artist David Mack. Hand-numbered copies of the single LP vinyl are available for pre-order now for a limited time for $30.00 via RareLit Bird and an exclusive San Diego Comic Con Rare Bird Lit Variant Vinyl Audiobook will be sold at the Random House booth from July 8th through the 12th.

Name:	rare-lit.jpg
Size:	68.3 KB
ID:	348386

Leave a comment:

• Ian Jane
    Administrator

• Ian Jane
    replied
    Cool Joelle Jones variant cover action.

Name:	CGgQYDtWQAAvEfh.jpg
Size:	96.7 KB
ID:	348376

Leave a comment:

• Ian Jane
    Administrator

• Ian Jane
    replied
    Anyone else read the FCB preview?

1st issue out next week.

Cover images for #2...

Name:	FIGHT CLUB 2 issue 2 main cover.jpg
Size:	53.6 KB
ID:	348312

Name:	FIGHT-CLUB-2-issue-2-France.jpg
Size:	62.0 KB
ID:	348313

Name:	FIGHT-CLUB-2-ultra-variant-.jpg
Size:	65.1 KB
ID:	348314

Leave a comment:

• Ian Jane
    Administrator

• Ian Jane
    replied
    Chip Zdarsky is doing a Booksamillion variant cover for the first issue.

Name:	IMG_20150327_150219.jpg
Size:	32.3 KB
ID:	348136

Leave a comment:

• Ian Jane
    Administrator

• Ian Jane
    replied

Name:	B4lY2TwCcAA7KVG.jpg
Size:	58.3 KB
ID:	347493

Leave a comment:

• Mark Tolch

• Mark Tolch
    replied
    I started to say I was torn, and then realized that I probably don't care too much about it, haha. the book was good, I enjoyed the movie, I don't know that it needs to be taken any further.

sometimes, less is more.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X