Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fight Club to Return In Comic Book Form?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fight Club to Return In Comic Book Form?

Bleeding Cool found this in an interview Chuck did for Hustler!

"The medium shapes the messages, and I'll be relearning how to tell stories. My tendency is to hold the entire plot in my mind until I'm afraid of forgetting it. Once I start writing, I can't stop. That feverish, ill-fed, exhausting stint of writing is the only part of the process that I fear. How will the new story be different? The sequel will be told from the—at first—submerged perspective of Tyler Durden as he observes the day-to-day tedium of the narrator's life. Because 20th Century-Fox created the convention of calling the protagonist Jack, I'm calling him Cornelius. He's living a compromised life with a failing marriage, unsure about his passion for his wife. The typical midlife bullshit. Likewise, Marla is unsatisfied and dreams of accessing the wild man she'd once fallen in love with. She tampers with the small pharmacy of drugs that her husband needs to suppress Tyler. And—go figure—Tyler reemerges to terrorize their lives."

More here!
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

More here including a link to some art pages.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Milking the cow.
      "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

Why not milk the cow? So long as the milk is still good, Chuck is a cow I'll keep going to from time to time. If you are lucky enough to be known for something, I say exploit it as long as you can.

Comment

Chuck's been milking the same cow for a while. I find it bizarre in his books how he can be cutting between a dozen different characters and they all have exactly the same voice. The level of growth is zero and a strong case could be made that he's actually been regressing for a while. That said I'd like to see a Fight Club sequel. There's not anything about the original that precludes a follow up and I'd be generally curious to see where these characters have gotten to.
          "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Comment

Originally posted by Dom D View Post
            Chuck's been milking the same cow for a while. I find it bizarre in his books how he can be cutting between a dozen different characters and they all have exactly the same voice. The level of growth is zero and a strong case could be made that he's actually been regressing for a while. That said I'd like to see a Fight Club sequel. There's not anything about the original that precludes a follow up and I'd be generally curious to see where these characters have gotten to.
            Except that (in most cases) sequels that authors return to make years later generally are not so good...and I am being kind here!

Comment

CBR is reporting that the guy who has been writing Sex Criminals over at Image (which is supposedly really good, though I haven't read it). is going to be helping out with the writing on this at it moves forward.

http://robot6.comicbookresources.com...t-club-sequel/
              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

This looks so fucking stupid.
                "When I die, I hope to go to Accra"

Comment

From Bleeding Cool who found the info on USA Today:

"Chuck Palahniuk is breaking the first two rules of Fight Club: He's talking about Fight Club.

The author's devotees probably won't mind since what's on his mind these days is more of the characters and world he created in his 1996 book, which was adapted three years later into director David Fincher's cult film starring Edward Norton andBrad Pitt.

The story of an unnamed insomniac narrator, his violent id come to life in the form of Tyler Durden, and an underground society built on bare-knuckle brawls and anarchic ideas continues in Fight Club 2, a 10-issue Dark Horse Comics maxiseries illustrated by Cameron Stewart, debuting April 8, 2015."

Click image for larger version

Name:	1405968157000-FCLUB2-PRINT-AD-ART-FNL-262x350.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	30.8 KB
ID:	346644
                  Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

An interview here about the character design work on the series.

Name:	FCLUB2-PROMO-WRK-592dc.jpg
Size:	53.2 KB
ID:	346657

With SDCC starting tomorrow, we're probably going to be hearing a lot about this from Dark Horse.
                    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I started to say I was torn, and then realized that I probably don't care too much about it, haha. the book was good, I enjoyed the movie, I don't know that it needs to be taken any further.

sometimes, less is more.

Comment

Name:	B4lY2TwCcAA7KVG.jpg
Size:	58.3 KB
ID:	347493
                        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Chip Zdarsky is doing a Booksamillion variant cover for the first issue.

Name:	IMG_20150327_150219.jpg
Size:	32.3 KB
ID:	348136
                          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Anyone else read the FCB preview?

1st issue out next week.

Cover images for #2...

Name:	FIGHT CLUB 2 issue 2 main cover.jpg