No announcement yet.

Comic books I am reading...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just read the first 5 issues of Zap Comix.

Comment

• Pretty cool crime series I picked up lately. Gangsta...

Click image for larger version

Name:	gangsta-volume-01-cover.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	82.6 KB
ID:	346978

Comment

• Back to reading more of volume 1 of Stormwatch.

Comment

• I've been chewing on a series called "The Big Book of..." From some time ago and enjoying it. Urban legends,unexplained, bad people...fun stuff with a slew of talent. Each book is as couple hundred pages and packed with b&w love.

Comment

• Originally posted by Todd Jordan View Post
            I've been chewing on a series called "The Big Book of..." From some time ago and enjoying it. Urban legends,unexplained, bad people...fun stuff with a slew of talent. Each book is as couple hundred pages and packed with b&w love.
            I love those. Got 3 or 4 of them from a Borders that was closing. I wanna say they were marked down to $3 each.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	1-1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	34.8 KB
ID:	347132

This comic rocks! Just started reading it and now get it why the series goes for big bucks on ebay. Guts is a hero worth following (for better or worse).
              X-Ray
              Last edited by X-Ray; 10-17-2014, 06:48 PM.

Comment

• I was in a used bookstore yesterday and came across 5 bound volumes of Batman by Doug Moench . It contains Batman 360-400 plus an annual, Detective 528-566 and a couple of LODK's that he wrote. At $15 each they were a steal and should be fun to read.
                "The popcorn you're eating has been pissed in. Film at 11".

Comment

• Originally posted by Gary Banks View Post
                  I was in a used bookstore yesterday and came across 5 bound volumes of Batman by Doug Moench . It contains Batman 360-400 plus an annual, Detective 528-566 and a couple of LODK's that he wrote. At $15 each they were a steal and should be fun to read.
                  Were they custom binds? I want to get my Marvel 2 in 1,ROM and Defenders runs bound soon.

Been reading the Boom Studios Darkwing Duck series this weekend. Was kind of shocked at how good it is.

Comment

• Originally posted by Newt Cox View Post
                    Were they custom binds? I want to get my Marvel 2 in 1,ROM and Defenders runs bound soon.
                    Yes they were. It was done by a company in Texas. The only other thing that jumped out at me was that the books were glued in, not sown.
                    I picked up a bound volume on ebay earlier this year that was sown in and liked that one too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gary Banks View Post
                      Yes they were. It was done by a company in Texas. The only other thing that jumped out at me was that the books were glued in, not sown.
                      I picked up a bound volume on ebay earlier this year that was sown in and liked that one too.
                      The company I wanted to use I think was based in Texas,Library Binding was the name. But I heard they stopped doing one off jobs. I would much rather have sown in.

Comment

• Last night I read the first issue (came out last week) of a 4 part mini-series from a small Spanish publisher - Amigo Comics. Roman Ritual kicks off with a gruesome murder in the Vatican. A controversial, self-exiled priest, considered the most powerful exorcist, is recalled to confront the evil. This one was great, there's a genuinely subversive event in here that would probably generate some real heat if this was from a larger publisher. The art was pretty cool too. Looking forward to the next issue.

I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Comment

• Liberty Meadows

I had heard of this comic strip for years. Then a few years back at a antique mall I found 20 of the 37 issues fairly cheap. I think they were 2 bucks an issue. But I didn't want to read it until I got every issue.3 days ago I got the last issue I needed. Sat down and in 3 evenings read all 37 issues plus the wedding album special.

Damn this is great. I do enjoy Cho's art on the various Marvel and indy stuff he has done since issue 37 came out. But I really hope we get more Liberty Meadows. Now I need to find a copy of the University Squared trade.

Also finally read Arkham Woods written by Christopher Rowley art by Jhomar Soriano. This is American made manga. I found it at Dollar Tree and for a buck I will try most comics. It is the comic version of those supernatural romance novels that flooded bookstores after Twilight was a hit. But this has a major Lovecraftian feel. Since it was at Dollar Tree I figured it would be pg-13 at the hardest. But this is much closer to a Hard-R film.

Borrowed the first issue of the new Sabrina the witch series from Archie. I love the Dark Shadows feel this has. With this and Afterlife with Archie they are quickly becoming one of my fave companies.

Comment

• Just picked up a couple of the large GOTHAM CENTRAL trade paperbacks and am starting on those.

Comment

• Old Hulks. Silver Age through 80s. Pouring through them for the first time in 20 years or more. I'd forgotten how much I loved the Hulk. That was the one superhero book I always seemed to go back to and like the most.

Comment

• Anarchy Comics, an underground/alternative or whatever publication from the late '70s with some damn funny material in it. Overtly political at times, but a worth-it read.

Comment

Working...
                                X